Adjunct Lecturer of Music
Robin Cameron-Phillips holds a flute master’s in performance from Northwestern University and a bachelor’s in performance from Ithaca College. Past teachers include Walfred Kujala (Chicago Symphony), John Krell (Philadelphia Orchestra), and Timothy Hutchins (Montreal Symphony). Master class performances include those for Geoffrey Gilbert (teacher to James Galway, William Bennett, Trevor Wye) and Chicago Symphony’s Dale Clevenger, Arnold Jacobs, and Vince Chikowitz.
Robin has performed with Toronto New Chamber Orchestra, Vermont Symphony Orchestra and plays regularly for Plattsburgh Champlain Valley Voices and Burlington Choral Arts Society orchestras. She performs chamber music in Vermont often with Classic Consort Trio, has appeared as guest soloist for Vermont Contemporary Music Ensemble and with Montreal Symphony harpist Olga Gros for the NCCC Arts Series.
Robin has taught flute and flute ensemble at SUNY Plattsburgh since 1981, continues to teach privately and act as a certified festival adjudicator for NYSSMA.
- Master’s in Performance, Northwestern University
- Bachelor’s in Performance & Music Education, Ithaca College
- Flute, Piccolo
- Flute Ensemble
- Orchestral Flautist — Burlington Choral Arts Society premiere performance for Gossec’s “Grand Messe des Morts”
- Classic Consort Trio — Vt. Symphony Chamber Series
- Soloist — Brandenburg No. 5 with CVV Orchestra at the Strand Theatre
- Vermont Virtuosi Flute Ensemble — Pipe Dreams 1 & 2
- VT Public Radio live performance with Vt. Virtuosi Flute Ensemble
- Burlington Choral Arts Society orchestra
- Champlain Valley Voices orchestra
- Adirondack Wind Ensemble
- Vermont Virtuosi
- Certified Adjudicator, New York State School Music Association (NYSSMA)
- Member, Clinton County Music Educators Association (CCMEA)
- Member, National Flute Association (NFA)
- Member, NYSUT
Contact Robin Cameron-Phillips
Office: Myers Fine Arts 114D
Phone: (518) 564-2180