Adjunct Lecturer of Music
Clarinetist Janine Scherline is a relative newcomer to the North Country and a recent addition to SUNY Plattsburgh’s adjunct music faculty. She grew up in small town south of Rochester, New York and began playing piano at the age of eight. One day she discovered her father’s old clarinet in its case, put it together and thus began a lifelong journey of discovery between music and musician. Her adventures have taken her all over the world, including Australia, New Zealand, Spain, Italy, and she was able to realize her dream of living in and working in Europe at a young age.
After graduating in May 2002 with a master’s in clarinet performance from Ithaca College, Ms. Scherline moved up to the area to be with her husband and began working at Plattsburgh the following fall. She is excited about her new home and remains active through solo and group performances with the Adirondack Wind Ensemble, Champlain Valley Oratorio Society, the SUNY Plattsburgh Symphonic Band and other chamber opportunities yet to be realized.
Ms. Scherline’s performing credits include playing for the Virginia Music Educators Association, touring through Europe with the James Madison University Marching Royal Dukes, chamber and orchestral performances at the Bay View Music Festival, touring throughout Italy and Switzerland, Eastman Theatre, with the Cayuga Chamber Orchestra, and a feature in a program at Lincoln Center honoring well-known composer Karel Husa. Ms. Scherline would like to thank all of those people who have made her transition to the North Country so positive.
- M.M. in Clarinet Performance, Ithaca College
- Clarinet Choir
- Virginia Music Educators Association
- Tour of Europe with the James Madison University Marching Royal Dukes
- Chamber and Orchestral Performances, the Bay View Music Festival
- Tour throughout Italy and Switzerland
- Eastman Theatre, with the Cayuga Chamber Orchestra
- Feature in a Program at Lincoln Center Honoring Karel Husa
Bands and Ensembles
- Adirondack Wind Ensemble
- Champlain Valley Oratorio Society
- Plattsburgh State Symphonic Band
Contact Janine Scherline
Office: Myers Fine Arts 314A
Phone: (518) 564-2487