RN–B.S. Program in Queensbury
Opportunity, Advancement, Satisfaction
Our highly rated RN–B.S. completion program is now offered in Queensbury at the Adirondack Community College campus. This innovative program offers you exceptional learning experiences that will help you advance your career, explore new opportunities, and develop greater professional satisfaction. We offers the best of both worlds, the familiarity of face-to-face classroom-based learning and the flexibility of online distance education. If you are a registered professional nurse (RN), consider our RN–B.S. program.
Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program Option (120 credits)
The curriculum is offered fully online and in blended face-face options at Queensbury and locations in Plattsburgh. The program is specifically designed for students who have completed their associate degree or diploma in nursing and are licensed RNs. The curriculum builds on the experiences gained in the associate’s degree by providing additional studies in the natural, biological, and behavioral sciences combined with professional studies.
Applied Learning Experiences
The applied learning experiences in the RN–B.S. programs offers you exceptional opportunities to diversify your experience and gain skills necessary to advance your career. You can engage in applied learning experiences that will help you explore new professional nursing roles in healthcare organizations, communities, and global study experiences. Course-based experiential learning is a hallmark of a high quality nursing education. Our clinical coordinator will work with you to find appropriate experiences in your region.
- R.N. to B.S. Queensbury course curriculum (495kB PDF, requires the free Acrobat Reader)
- Nursing course descriptions
The nursing program and affiliating agencies require that student’s health and character are consistent with professional standards necessary to secure the public trust. The verification and document tracking system includes the following costs completed through the department vendor:
- Immunization and health records tracking $50
- Background checks approximately $40
- Other student expenses: Professional liability insurance $40–$100, uniforms and CPR
Admission to the RN-to-B.S. nursing program is competitive, in addition to meeting the general admission requirements to SUNY Plattsburgh, applicants must:
- Be a graduate of a nursing program that is approved by the legal body that registers nursing programs in the state or Canadian province in which the program is located. Students who are within one year of completion of a registered nurse program may be accepted for admission, but must graduate prior to beginning classes.
- Hold an unencumbered New York state license and current registration as a registered nurse. Conditional acceptance for graduate nurses dependent on passing the licensure exam within the first semester enrolled.
- Have overall grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for courses completed at another college or university.
- Have completed courses that are part of the SUNY Transfer Path, including Composition I, Introduction to Psychology, Microbiology, Anatomy and Physiology I and II with labs. The Chairperson in collaboration with the Admissions Office, the RN-to-B.S. Coordinator, and the Academic Standards Committee considers cases that present exceptions to the admission requirements.
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
If you would like more information about nursing at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Noreen M. Houck, Ph.Dc., M.S., RN, CNE, Chairperson
Department of Nursing and Nutrition
Office: Hawkins Hall 209B
Phone: (518) 564-3124
Fax: (518) 564-3100
Department of Nursing and Nutrition
Plattsburgh, NY 12901