Minor in Nutrition
Our Nutrition Minor Will Help You To:
- Develop basic expertise in food and nutrition
- Learn how nutrients relate to human health and well-being
- Gain knowledge and skills that are relevant to you and to many professions
Minor in Nutrition (21–22 credits)
What we eat influences how we feel and how we perform. Using food to fuel your mind and body is important, but is easier said than done. You will acquire a basic understanding of food & nutrition, as well as have flexibility to select courses that focuses on specific areas of nutrition depending on your interests, such as public health, sports nutrition, culinary arts, and more.
- Nutrition minor course curriculum (417kB PDF, requires the free Acrobat Reader)
- Nutrition course descriptions
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
If you would like to find out more about the nutrition program at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Jorunn Gran-Henriksen, Nutrition Program Director and Chair
Office: Hawkins Hall 102A
Phone: (518) 564-4247 or
Nutrition Office Phone: (518) 564-4355
Fax: (518) 564-3100