Frequently Asked Questions About Online Courses at SUNY Plattsburgh
- If I take an online course at SUNY Plattsburgh, what will be expected of me?
- What is an online course like?
- Who is responsible for creating and delivering my online course?
- Where is my online course?
- What is the Moodle Learning Management system?
- Where do I request assistance if I experience difficulty logging onto Moodle?
- I have been participating in my online course but can't seem to access my course today. What should I do?
- How can I contact the instructor for course information before I decide to register?
- I entered my online course and do not wish to continue. Whom do I contact if I want to drop or withdraw from the course?
- Where can I find my advisor information?
- What is the advantage to having an identification card?
You will participate in class, communicate with professors, and submit assignments in an online environment that allows you the opportunity to choose a convenient time and place. Our online courses follow an academic schedule and should not be considered self paced. You will be most successful if you begin participating on the first day of class and set realistic goals according to your course schedule.
Check out our Moodle Practice Course to find out.
Your SUNY Plattsburgh instructor designs, develops, and delivers your course. You might never interact face-to-face with your instructor or any of your fellow classmates, but you will quickly discover that each individual participant contributes to the creation of a diverse and dynamic learning experience.
Log-in to Moodle to find your course. Contact us for guidance if you are unable to find your online course.
Phone: (518) 564-4433
Toll-Free Phone: (800) 787-8773
Fax: (518) 564-2442
Moodle is the software that delivers your online course. Every student, faculty member, and staff member associated with SUNY Plattsburgh has a Moodle account.Learn more.
When you log-in to Moodle, you will find a Trouble Report link that allows you to report problems. Difficulties regarding your online course may also be reported to an Online Course Administrator or the instructor of the course.
Appropriate links to instructor contact information can be found by browsing our online courses.
I entered my online course and do not wish to continue. Whom do I contact if I want to drop or withdraw from the course?
Information on course-withdrawal procedures is available from the Registrar. The process for withdrawing from an online course does not differ from any other course. The first individual who should be notified of your intent to withdraw is your instructor. You will also be required to submit the appropriate information to the Registrar's Office. Tuition liability is based on the date of course withdrawal. Contact the Registrar's Office to obtain the appropriate form.
- Degree-Enrolled (Matriculated) Students can access advisor information through their Personal Moodle account or MyPlattsburgh account.
- Non-Degree Enrolled (Non-Matriculated) Students can contact Academic Advising.
Your identification card not only identifies you as a SUNY Plattsburgh student, it is required to fully take advantage of our online library services. If you are a student who is registered to take an online course and have limited or no access to visit our campus during regular business hours, you can order an idenfication card. The Online Learning Office will forward your identification card directly to your address.
For more information about online learning at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact us:
John Locke, TEL Coordinator
Online Learning Office
Phone: (518) 564-4537
Library & Information Technology Services
2 Draper Avenue
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Note: When communicating with us about online courses and programs, please provide as much information as possible, including your name, student status, and contact information. If you are interested in a specific course, please let us know the title and semester. We look forward to hearing from you!