Teaching and Learning with Moodle at SUNY Plattsburgh
What is Moodle?
Moodle is the system that SUNY Plattsburgh uses to create and deliver online courses. Moodle is guided by a social constructionist pedagogy.
Moodle updates for faculty and staffDo you have a question or comment about Moodle? Please share! Drop us a note via our online comment form.
View and register for Moodle and other important workshops, including session covering Microsoft Office workshops that will help you make the most of Word, Excel, and Windows.
- View and download our Moodle 2.4 Fact Sheet (download and print or view in Internet Explorer)
- View Moodle workshops
- View the full list of Instructional Technology and Center for Teaching Excellence workshops
- View just the Microsoft Office workshops
- View our scheduled office hours
Requirements for Faculty Teaching Online
All faculty teaching fully online courses or hybrid courses are required to complete Moodle training before their courses begin. Faculty who were not previously trained to teach online are required to take the full 2.5-day, face-to-face workshop called Teaching with Moodle, or the 5-week,* online workshop called Teaching Online at Plattsburgh With Moodle. Please check the workshop schedule for dates and times.
* Both the 2.5-day and 5-week workshops cover much of the same 20 hours of material, but the five-week, online version spreads that out to 4 hours each week.
Getting Moodle Help
For expert Moodle support, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about technology enhanced learning, please contact:
John Locke, Coordinator
Office: Feinberg Library, Room 303
Phone: (518) 564-4537