Resources for E-Learning Faculty
Online Course Development Stipend
Call for Proposals for 2016/17. Application Deadline: February 19, 2016.
Best Practices for Teaching Online
- E-Learning Best Practices 2012
- E-Learning Best Practices Assessment Rubric
- SUNY Plattsburgh Directions in Distance Learning Task Force Report
E-learning Action Plan
Moodle Workshop Schedule for First-Time Online Instructors
Online Classroom now available
SUNY Plattsburgh has purchased a group online subscription allowing campus members unlimited access to Online Classroom from Magna Publications. Online Classroom brings advice and inspiration to educators making the transition into distance education.
There are two ways to access the latest issue or browse the archives:
1. On-campus, go to www.magnapubs.com/group to view your active subscriptions. There is no need to create an account or log-in when accessing the subscriptions on campus.
2. To access the subscription from an off-campus computer follow the steps below to create an account.
- Go to www.magnapubs.com/group
- Select “Click Here” in the red box that appears to the left of “What’s a Group Online Subscription?” This will take you to the “My Account” page.
- Select the “Create an Account” link.
- Complete all fields in the “Required Information” section then click the “Create Account” button. You will be redirected to the “My Account” page.
- Click on the “Group Subscriptions” tab at the top right of the page.
- In the red box, enter our authorization code: PLATTSBURGH4825
- Select “Activate”. You are now a registered subscriber.
- Web 2.0 Technologies — second-generation online tools that allow you to collaborate and share information.
- MIT Open CourseWare — Free lecture notes, exams and videos from MIT
- Khan Academy — Educational videos and practice exercises on topics of computing, math, science, engineering and related social issues.
Joint Labor/Management Distance Learning Agreement
Recommendations for Distance Learning at State University of New York College at Plattsburgh (1998) and Guidelines (2006)
For more information about online learning at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact us:
John Locke, TEL Coordinator
Online Learning Office
Phone: (518) 564-4537
Library & Information Technology Services
2 Draper Avenue
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Note: When communicating with us about online courses and programs, please provide as much information as possible, including your name, student status, and contact information. If you are interested in a specific course, please let us know the title and semester. We look forward to hearing from you!