4+4 Program with University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic
Plattsburgh State has signed an articulation agreement with the University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic
This program is a standard 4+4 articulation program. The advantages are :
- The relationship between the University of Bridgeport and SUNY Plattsburgh ensures an easier application process. Graduating with a GPA of 3.0 or greater in one of the approved majors guarantees admission.
- There is scholarship money built into the program based on scores in science courses.
Standard Articulation Program Requirements
All matriculants who have completed the equivalent of three academic years of undergraduate study (90 semester hours) at an institution(s) accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or an equivalent foreign agency with a GPA for these 90 hours of not less than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. The 90 hours will include a minimum of 24 semester hours in life and physical science courses. These science courses will provide an adequate background for success in the doctor of chiropractic program (DCP,) and at least half of these courses will have a substantive laboratory component. The student’s undergraduate preparation also includes a well-rounded general education program in the humanities and social sciences, and other coursework deemed relevant by the DCP for students to successfully complete the DCP curriculum.
Areas of Undergraduate Study
Students will matriculate at the SUNY Plattsburgh in a program of study leading to the Baccalaureate Degree or articulated course work required to satisfy all entrance requirements of University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic. Those programs should include the following and include the above federally mandated requirements for admission:
- Athletic training
- Behavioral biology
- Biology & related majors
- Biochemistry & related majors
- Chemistry & related majors
- Earth sciences & related majors
- Exercise science & related majors
- Exercise physiology
- Health & human performance
- Physics & related majors
- Sports sciences & related majors
- Students will complete the course of study with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 and earn a minimum of “C" (2.00) in all specified science courses (see note below). In addition, those students entering with a 3.0 cumulative GPA will be automatically awarded a onetime UBCC merit scholarship valued at $1,750.
- Students will complete the course of study with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 and earn a minimum of “C+” (2.50) in all specified science courses (see note below). In addition, those students entering with a 3.0 cumulative GPA will be automatically awarded a onetime UBCC merit scholarship valued at $2,000.
- Students will complete the course of study with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 and earn a minimum of “B” (3.00) in all specified science courses (see note below). In addition, those students entering with a 3.0 cumulative GPA will be automatically awarded a onetime UBCC merit scholarship valued at $2,500
- By their first two years at the college/university, or during the first year in the upper division of exercise science/exercise physiology/biology, students will submit a letter of intent to UBCC, Attn. Director of Graduate Health Sciences Admissions, University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic, 126 Park Avenue, Bridgeport, CT 06604 identifying themselves as articulation students and identifying their desired date of entrance to UBCC.
- Students will apply for admission to UBCC one year in advance of their desired entrance date and complete all other application procedures including a satisfactory admission interview. The three required references should include one from a doctor of chiropractic and one from a faculty member at the college/university.
In recognition of students' completion of the program including procedures outlines above, University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic shall consider the applications and accept all such students for the entrance date of their choice.
NOTE: Students who do not maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0, but complete the program with a GPA of 2.5 or better, will receive appropriate special consideration for admission to UBCC, owing to their having completed the articulation sequence at the SUNY Plattsburgh.
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
For more information about pre-health professions advisement at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact
Pre-Health Professions Advisory Committee Chairperson
Office: Hudson Hall 325
Phone: (518) 564-5160