Summer Session

Registration Dates & Information

Learn About




Frequently Asked Questions About Summer Session

How Many Credits Can I Take During Summer Session?

Answer: The maximum number of credit hours allowed during summer session is 15 credits for undergraduate and graduate students.

Students may be granted permission to exceed the maximum number of credits allowed per session by completing the Permission for Credit Overload form. This form requires written approval from the student's academic advisor and department chairperson; non-matriculated students must receive permission from the director of admissions.

Can I Take More Than One Course At a Time?

Answer: Yes, as long as you don't go over the maximum number of credits.

How Do I Register Online Via Banner Web?

Answer: You may access the web from any computer at home or from any of Plattsburgh's computer labs. If you are registering for Plattsburgh's courses at the SUNY Plattsburgh at Queensbury site, we welcome you to use our computer lab.

Banner Web (Online Registration)

  1. Access Banner Web by going to MyPlattsburgh.
  2. Login in with NetId and Password (Click here for more information on NetID and password) 
  3. Click on Student Services menu tab.
  4. Under Registrar, click on Lookup Courses to Add.
  5. Select Term (Summer 2017).
  6. Click on Advanced Search.
  7. Select course subject or other search criteria and press the Class Search button at the bottom of the form.
  8. Check the box next to the desired course(s), scroll to end of page, and submit changes. Approval to add a closed course is granted by the department chairperson only.

Is Housing Available?

Answer: Yes, on–campus residence halls, conveniently located near classroom buildings are available from May 22 to August 18, 2017. Single and double occupancy accommodations are available in a traditional residence hall setting. Roommate requests can be accommodated.

A Summer Off-Campus Housing List is available for arranging an apartment for the summer (usually on a monthly rental basis). For more information, contact Housing and Residence Life (Algonquin Hall 103) at (518) 564-3824 or 1-800-569-5716 or via email at [email protected] .  

Is Food Service Available?

Answer:   Yes, A la carte food service at Griddles in the Angell College Center Subway beginning
May 18, 2017 from 8 a.m until 2 p.m. (closed weekends). 

When Will My Summer Session Bill Be Available?

Answer:   Summer Session bills will be available after course registration. Payment is due by the first day of summer session.  If charges are inaccurate, go to MyPlattsburgh to view updates and pay online.  You will not receive a paper bill. 

How Do I Pay My Summer Session Bill?

Answer:   Tuition and fees may be paid in the following ways:

  2. Check or money order (payable in U.S. funds to SUNY Plattsburgh)
  3. MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express cards
  4. Our Payment Plan.  See Banner Web for details.
  5. International students should pay through Flywire at

TO PAY ONLINE: Click here to access the Student Accounts' website for instructions (or go to on how to process and pay a current-term bill.  Click on "Forms" to the left.  Look for the heading "Adjust Bill, Confirm Enrollment, Make Payment."  Click "Download Summer."


Please make payment by the due date to avoid administrative and late payment fees. Bills processed after the bill due date will be assessed an administrative fee of $30 to $50 depending on the balance. A late payment fee of up to $50 per month thereafter may be charged on outstanding balances, up to a maximum of four charges per semester.

Do I Need to Apply to the College to Take a Course?

Answer: Undergraduate courses are open to all individuals who meet course requirements. Graduate courses are open to individuals who have earned a bachelor's degree. No more than 12 graduate credits taken as a non-matriculated student may be applied toward a graduate degree at this college. Students who would like to be formally admitted to an undergraduate program (for fall or spring) should contact the Admissions Office at (518) 564-2040. To be considered for admission to a graduate program, contact the Graduate Admissions Office at (518) 564-4723 or [email protected].

Do I Have to Be a Student at SUNY Plattsburgh to Take a Summer Session Course?

Answer: No. Non-matriculated students may register for classes by submitting a pre-registration form, and after being approved, they may register on Banner Web at the designated time.

What If I Have Questions About a Course?

Answer: Contact the appropriate academic department by searching for their listing in the campus directory .

How Do I Find Out About My Summer Session Grades?

Answer:   Summer session grades are available online via Banner Web:

  1. Login to Banner Web
  2. Student Menu link
  3. Final Grade link
  4. Select Summer 2017 term
  5. Submit

The system of letter grades is as follows:


A = 4.0 Superior
A– = 3.7 
B+ = 3.3 
B = 3.0 Good
B– = 2.7
C+ = 2.3 
C = 2.0 Satisfactory 
C– = 1.7 
D+    = 1.3 
D = 1.0 Minimum
CR = 0 Credit
 PR = 0 Proficiency
  P = 0 Pass
PC = 0 Pass by Challenge
I = 0 Incomplete
IP = 0 In Progress
W = 0 Withdrew Passing
U = 0 Audit

Please Note: Graduate students may not receive grades below a C. Graduate failure equals an E grade.

Where Do I Purchase Summer Session Course Textbooks?

Answer: Textbooks required for each course are available in the College Store prior to the start of each course. College Store summer hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Textbooks and required supplies can be ordered online at .  Call 564-2082 or 1 (877) 778-4438 for further information.

The Check Cashing window will be open 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.

How Do I Withdraw from a Summer Session Course?

Answer:  You must obtain the instructor's signature on the Course Schedule Adjustment Form and submit this form to the Registrar's Office by the midpoint of the course. The Course Schedule Adjustment Form is required for a withdrawal processed after the midpoint of the course; signature of the dean is required. A W (withdrawal) grade notation will be entered on your academic record.

Am I Liable For Tuition Even If I Don't Attend A Summer Session Course?

Answer:  All students who register for a Summer Session course are responsible for the accuracy of their course registration and the tuition and fees associated with the course. Non-attendance does not remove tuition and fee liability.


Contact Information

For more course information, contact the appropriate Academic Departments. For general Summer Session information, contact:

Registrar Office
101 Broad Street, Kehoe 3rd Floor
Plattsburgh, NY 12901

Phone: (518) 564-2100
Toll Free: (800) 570-1634
Fax: (518) 564-4900
Email: [email protected]