Winter Session 2018 at SUNY Plattsburgh
Catch Up. Get Ahead. Improve Your G.P.A.
Who says life doesn't come with guarantees? Enroll in Winter Session at SUNY Plattsburgh and get what you have always wanted: guaranteed courses!
Yes, that's right. When you sign up for one of over 50 courses offered, you will get that course. Not excuses. Why do we guarantee our courses? Because we value you and your time, and we want to help you succeed. We don't want you to stress out over last-minute course cancellations.
You may wonder why you should spend a few weeks this winter taking a course.
If you asked hundreds of students who took a winter session course in the past, they may tell you that winter session is a perfect time to catch up or get ahead on credits, improve your GPA, or take a course of personal interest. Plus, you will benefit from small classes and quality time with top-notch professors.
If you cannot attend winter classes at SUNY Plattsburgh, you can opt to take an online course from home, your dorm, or wherever you are!
Two Convenient Course Sessions
Online Session: Dec. 18, 2017 - Jan. 19, 2018
Winter Session online courses will begin on Dec. 18 and end on Jan. 19; however, since some courses are fewer than three credits they can be scheduled in a variety of ways. Please refer to Banner Web for the exact course dates.
On-Campus Session: Jan. 2 - 19, 2018
What can you do in the Plattsburgh region this winter?
So now you're convinced that SUNY Plattsburgh Winter Session is a good idea...especially if you are behind on credits and not sure if you'll graduate on time. You're also thrilled that courses are guaranteed ... you can't find a guarantee like that anywhere else. But you're worried there will be nothing to do or no one to hang out with. Here are a few ideas to keep you busy this winter:
- Cross-country Skiing
- Downhill Skiing
- Ice Climbing
- Ice Fishing
- Snow Tubing
- Snow Boarding
View All Winter 2018 Courses
Online Course Options
MOODLE Online Courses - For more information on SUNY Plattsburgh's MOODLE Online courses visit https://web.plattsburgh.edu/academics/onlinelearning/browseonlinecourses.php.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- Monday, Oct. 23, 2017 - Winter 2018 course advisement for matriculated students begins (8 a.m.).
- Monday, Oct. 30, 2017 - Graduate and undergraduate students' Winter Session 2018 priority registration begins (10 a.m.).
- Monday, Nov. 6, 2017 - Non-matriculated students' Winter Session 2018 registration begins (10 a.m.)
- Monday, Dec. 18, 2017 - Winter Session five-week, online classes begin.
- Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2018 - Winter Session three-week, on-campus classes begin.
- Thursday, Jan. 4, 2018 - Last day to register for Winter Session 2018 three-week courses (11:30 p.m.).
- Friday, Jan. 19, 2018 - Winter Session ends.
For more course information, contact the appropriate Academic Departments. For general Winter Session information, contact:
101 Broad Street, Kehoe 3rd Floor
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Phone: (518) 564-2100
Toll Free: (800) 570-1634
Fax: (518) 564-4900