Graduate Admission Requirements
Admission to graduate study at SUNY Plattsburgh is based on the academic and personal qualifications of applicants and is granted without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or handicap. Graduate admission decisions are determined by their respective academic departments and deans' offices.
Items required for admission consideration to all graduate level programs include:
- Application form
- Application fee of $75
- Current resumé
- Statement of purpose
- 3 Letters of Recommendation - see program specific forms provided
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (except for SUNY Plattsburgh - we will get those for you)
- Successful completion of a bachelor's degree program before matriculation into a graduate degree program
Each graduate program has unique admission requirements. Other items that may be required, based on program of interest:
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) scores
- A copy of any certifications held, including New York State teaching or School Building Leader certification
- A course summary form or preparatory worksheet showing prerequisite coursework
- Post-master's certificates require the successful completion of a master's degree program before matriculation
A number of graduate programs may require a phone, video, or in-person interviews, including Fitness & Wellness Leadership, Educational Leadership (SBL and SDL Programs), Childhood Education, Adolescence Education, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Student Affairs & Higher Education, School Psychology, and Speech-Language Pathology. If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by the academic department to arrange a date and time.
An email reminder will be sent to you every two weeks showing any items that are missing from your application (be sure to check the email address you have provided). You can always check your application status online at my.plattsburgh.edu as well. If you have any questions about admission requirements, please contact us at email@example.com.
The Graduate Admissions Office is located on the first floor of the Kehoe Administration Building.
Phone: (518) 564-4723
Toll-Free: (800) 723-9515 (In U.S. and Canada)
FAX: (518) 564-4722
Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
Mailing Address:Graduate Admissions Office—113 Kehoe
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, New York 12901-2681 USA