Enrolled International Students

Health Insurance

Immigration Status

Life in the U.S.


Change of Addresses for International Students

United States (US) immigration regulations require international students and scholars to update their local addresses and permanent addresses within 10 days of any change. If you are an international student or scholar in F-1 or J-1 status and you move (or about to move) to a new address, you must notify GEO within 10 days. 

How to inform GEO of your address change:

  1. Log-in to my.plattsburgh.edu.
  2. Look on the lower right-hand corner of the page for the box that says "Personal".
  3. Click "View/Update Addresses".
  4. Follow the instructions to update your address.
  5. This address change will be reported to GEO within one week of you changing your address.

If you have an urgent situation and please  ensure that GEO has the proper address by emailing us. For example, if you are expecting important documents or information to be sent to a particular address, please be sure to notify us as soon as possible by email or telephone.

If you have questions or concerns about updating your address through my.plattsburgh.edu please do not hesitate to contact us.  Please remember that this is requirement of the US government for all F-1 and J-1 students and scholars.

Questions, Comments, Suggestions?

If you have any questions about international admission or financial aid at SUNY-Plattsburgh, please contact:

Global Education Office
State University of New York at Plattsburgh
Kehoe Administration Building, Room 210
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, New York 12901 USA

Phone: (518) 564-3287
Fax: (518) 564-3292
Email: [email protected]