About Our Campus
SUNY Plattsburgh is a residential campus, located in a small city. SUNY Plattsburgh at Queensbury is a branch campus, offering selected undergraduate and graduate programs. Both campuses are walkable, safe, and scenic.
Four-year, public comprehensive college
Average Class Size:
Percentage of tenure-track faculty holding the highest degree::
Readmission to SUNY Plattsburgh
What is Readmission?
Readmission to SUNY Plattsburgh is for students who have previously matriculated and wish to re-enter. In order to re-enroll, students must apply for readmission.
Who Can Apply for Readmission?
Students previously matriculated (enrolled) at SUNY Plattsburgh can apply for readmission.
If you were previously accepted to SUNY Plattsburgh, but did not enroll at the college, you are not considered a readmit applicant. As such, you will need to apply either as a freshman or transfer applicant.
If you need assistance determining the type of application to submit, please contact the Admissions office by phone at (518) 564-2040 or toll-free at (888) 673-0012, or by email at email@example.com.
How to Apply for Readmission
Step 1: Apply for Readmission
Students interested in applying for readmission must complete the Online Application for Readmission and pay the non-refundable $50 application fee.
Note: Students interested in having their readmission application fee waived must complete the Readmission Fee Waiver Request Form (PDF file size 560KB) and upload with supporting documents to the application.
If you have attended another institution after leaving SUNY Plattsburgh, please have your official transcripts sent to the Admissions Office.
Step 2: Pay Application Fee
SUNY Plattsburgh requires all students seeking readmission to submit a non-refundable application fee to cover the costs associated with processing the application. The application fee may be paid in any one of the following three ways:
- Online - The quickest way to process your application fee is to pay online with a major credit card or an electronic check.
- Phone - To pay over the phone, please call the Student Accounts Office at (518) 564-3120. You will need a major credit card to process this payment.
- Mail - You may also pay the application fee by check. Please mail your check, along with your readmit application, to the address listed above. Checks should be made payable to "SUNY Plattsburgh Admissions Office."
- Fee Waiver – Students interested in having their readmission application fee waived must complete the Readmission Fee Waiver Request Form (PDF file size 560KB)
Step 3: Send Requested Information
After the application fee has been paid, the application will be processed. If there are any items that are needed, or additional actions that must be taken, you will be contacted by the Admissions Office. Respond promptly to any such requests.
You may also check your application status by logging into your MyPlattsburgh Account and clicking on the Admissions tab.
Please Note: In some cases, the Admissions Office may request your mid-term grades before reviewing your application for readmission. If your college produces mid-term grades, simply mail, fax, or scan and email these back with your readmit application. If not, please have your professors list your grades and sign their names on the form. Upon receipt, your application will be reviewed for readmission.
Note: the following form is available for download. This document requires the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is available as a free download.
- Download Request for Mid-Term Grades Form (PDF file size 57Kb)
Readmission Application Deadlines
- Nov. 1 for Spring Semester
- July 1 for Fall Semester
- April 1 for Summer Semester*
- Nov. 1 for Winter Semester
*Students in good academic standing (cumulative GPA at SUNY Plattsburgh at or above a 2.00) may be eligible for summer readmission.
Students who have been dismissed twice from the college will not be granted readmission until they have raised their cumulative G.P.A. to the equivalent of a 2.0 through the non-matriculated student process.
If a student was originally dismissed for plagiarism, readmission may be denied for up to five years.
Special Consideration Readmission Policy (Academic Amnesty)
Students applying for readmission to Plattsburgh after an absence of five years or more may wish to apply for special consideration readmission (academic amnesty) by submitting a letter to the director of admissions. The letter should state reasons why student is requesting amnesty as well as short summary of what he/she has done after leaving Plattsburgh. Also, the student must submit transcripts for all coursework completed since his/her departure from Plattsburgh. If granted, the student may have all of the previous academic record at Plattsburgh evaluated exactly as if the courses had been taken at another institution. An academic committee consisting of appropriate academic representatives reviews such cases. Committee members make their decision based on the following guidelines (as outlined in the 2016-17 College Catalog):
- The student must not have been enrolled in any courses at the college during the previous five years.
- For such students, only grades received in courses taken after readmission will subsequently count toward their GPA with the exception of credits that have already been applied toward a completed bachelor’s degree at SUNY Plattsburgh.
- Courses with a grade high enough to warrant transfer credit had they been taken at another institution will be counted toward meeting graduation requirements, but the grade will not be computed toward the student's GPA.
- While the student's GPA after readmission will be computed based only on grades for subsequent courses taken at Plattsburgh, the earlier academic record of the student prior to readmission will remain without change.
- Requests for special consideration will be reviewed and granted no later than the time the readmitted student begins classes.
Please note: A student may only be readmitted under this policy once. Students that have earned a bachelor’s degree from SUNY Plattsburgh are not eligible for this program if they decide to return for a second degree. This policy is also not available for our traditional nursing program.
The Admissions Office is located on the 10th floor of the Kehoe Building.
Phone: (518) 564-2040
Toll-free: (888) 673-0012
Fax: (518) 564-2045
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901