Transfer Credit Evaluation at SUNY Plattsburgh
Degree Works (DW) Audit
After you have been accepted and have paid your admissions deposit, the Admissions Office at SUNY Plattsburgh will evaluate your transfer credits and provide you with a Degree Works (DW) Audit. This audit details all courses awarded as transfer credit from prior institutions and the specific courses needed to graduate.
A degree at SUNY Plattsburgh has four main components; they are as follows:
- Departmental/Major Requirements
- Cognate Requirements (if any)
- General Education Requirements
- Miscellaneous Degree Hour Requirements
Your DW Audit will show each of these sections and will have check marks next to all requirements that have been met. Courses without check marks still need to be completed. It is important to note that, in order to be awarded a degree, a student must complete ALL requirements in each of the four sections.
View Your Degree Works Audit Online
The Admissions Office will typically notify you (by e-mail and letter) approximately one to three weeks after paying your deposit that your DW Audit is ready. For the fall, DW Audits are completed starting in mid-February. For the spring, DW Audits are completed starting in late October.
To view your Degree Works Audit, follow these steps:
- Login to your MyPlattsburgh account
- Enter Your NetID and Password (follow the instructions to locate NetID and set your password if it's your first login)
- Click on the "Admissions" tab
- Under the "Other Information" section, click on the link for "Login to Degree Works"
- Complete the Degree Works login
- Once logged in, you should be able to access your Degree Works Audit
The Admissions Office is located on the 10th floor of the Kehoe Building.
Phone: (518) 564-2040
Toll-free: (888) 673-0012
Fax: (518) 564-2045
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901