Transfer Admissions - Important Dates and Deadlines
SUNY Plattsburgh operates on rolling admissions, which means that there are no specific deadlines for admission. Rather, we continue to accept qualified applicants until all available slots are filled.
However, applications will receive optimal consideration for admission when submitted by the following dates:
- March 1
- November 1
In order to officially enroll at SUNY Plattsburgh, accepted transfer students must pay a $250 admissions deposit. The deposit must be received by the following dates to guarantee that your spot is held in our incoming class:
- May 1, or within thirty days of acceptance (whichever is later)
- December 1, or within thirty days of acceptance (whichever is later)
Please note: Students with demonstrated financial need may be eligible for a waiver of the deposit. For more information, please contact the Admissions Office toll-free at (888) 673-0012
Please read our Deposit Refund Policy.
Orientation and registration typically occurs throughout the summer for the fall semester and throughout the months of December and January for those who are enrolling in the spring semester.
Main Campus (Fall)
- Invitations will be sent to all deposit paid (or waived) transfer students in late May. Orientation will include an extensive advisement and course registration session. Students may choose to attend for the day, or to arrive the day prior to orientation for an optional overnight.
- For those students who cannot make it to orientation, registration will also be available online.
Main Campus (Spring)
- There is no specific orientation session for transfer students entering SUNY Plattsburgh in the spring semester. Rather, registration will be completed online in consultation with an academic department chairperson. Other orientation activities for new students will be held opening weekend.
Queensbury Campus/Extension Site at Hudson Valley
- Students attending the SUNY Plattsburgh Branch Campus at Queensbury or the Extension Site at HVCC should call (518) 792-5425 to register for a new student orientation and registration session.
SUNY Plattsburgh's first day of classes for all campuses are held on the following dates:
- August 28
- January 29
Should you have any questions or concerns about the dates or deadlines listed above, we encourage you to contact the admissions office. Our contact information can be found below.
The Admissions Office is located on the 10th floor of the Kehoe Building.
Phone: (518) 564-2040
Toll-free: (888) 673-0012
Fax: (518) 564-2045
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901