Transfer Admissions

Transfer Facts

Information For


Transfer Admission Forms

Note: the following forms are available for download. These documents require the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is available as a free download. 

Request for Mid-Term Grades Form

In some cases, the Admissions Office may request your mid-term grades before reviewing your application for admission. If your college produces mid-term grades, simply print them out and staple them to this form. If not, please have your professors list your grades and sign their names on the form.  Upon receipt, your application will be reviewed for admission.

EOP Transfer Checklist

Transfer students who are interested in participating in the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) should review the EOP Transfer Checklist carefully as it details the documents needed to gain admission as an EOP student.  EOP provides additional support for those students who are financially and academically qualified and is reserved for those students who were previously enrolled in an EOP-type program (such as EOP, HEOP, SEEK, or College Discovery).

EOP Transfer Verification Form

Transfer students who are interested in participating in the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) must complete the transfer verification form. This form must be completed by the appropriate official(s) at the student's first college attended.

Deferral Application

The deferral application needs to be completed for any undergraduate domestic student wishing to have their application moved to a different semester for admissions consideration.

Gap Information Form

Students with chronological gaps in their academic history will need to fill out this form for admissions review. For freshmen, a gap is defined as taking time off between high school graduation and the start of college (excluding the summer after your graduate). For transfers, a gap would include taking time off in between attending colleges (excluding summer and winter semesters).

Social Work Application

Social Work Applications will be sent to qualified transfer students upon acceptance to the sophomore year of the major. The Junior/Senior Professional Program begins in the fall semester only. Social Work Applications are due to the Social Work department by April 1. (Please consult with the Social Work department. if you are applying to the Junior/Senior Professional Program as a currently enrolled SUNY Plattsburgh student - deadlines may differ.)

Please note: transfer students who apply for the spring semester will be reviewed for general admission to the Social Work major. If accepted and enrolled for the spring semester, qualified transfer students will then need to apply with the Social Work Application (provided by the Social Work department) for the Junior/Senior Professional program during the spring semester in which they enrolled.  

All Social Work Applications for the Junior/Senior Professional Program are reviewed by the Social Work department, and include an original essay and a letter of recommendation.  Junior-level class standing does not guarantee admission to the Junior/Senior Professional Program in Social Work.  

SUNY Student Transfer Appeal Process Form

The SUNY Student Transfer Appeal Process is designed for any student in a SUNY associate degree program who does not agree with the decision of the college regarding acceptance and/or placement of credit earned elsewhere within SUNY. Completing this form will initialize the appeal process.


Contact Information

The Admissions Office is located on the 10th floor of the Kehoe Building.

Phone: (518) 564-2040
Toll-free: (888) 673-0012
Fax: (518) 564-2045
Email: [email protected]

Mailing Address:
SUNY Plattsburgh
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901