Getting to Hawkins Hall from Vermont and New Hampshire (East)
- Take I-89 N in Vermont to exit 17 (Route 2)
- Bear right on Route 2. Follow Route 2 until junction with Route 314
- Make a left on 314 W next to Mobil station
- Follow to blinking caution light, turn left and board the ferry (Northern Crossing - Grand Isle to Plattsburgh)
- When you reach NY, follow 314 W until stoplight
- Turn left on Route 9 and follow Hospital signs
- At the next traffic light, turn right on Boynton Avenue
- Drive approximately three quarters of a mile, then turn left on Beekman Street
- Continue past Hospital entrance
- At the next traffic light, you will see Hawkins Hall ahead on the right (Hawkins Hall is a castle-like building)
- Turn right at the traffic light onto Cornelia Street (Route 3)
- The Hawkins Hall parking lot will be on your left
55 Beekman Street, Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Parking for Hawkins Hall is on Cornelia Street. Go to the traffic light at the intersection of Beekman Street and Cornelia Street (facing the front of Hawkins Hall from Beekman Street, this will be the traffic light to your right). Turn left on Cornelia Street – parking will be on your left.
Estimated Travel Times by Car
- Burlington, VT: 1 hour
- New Hampshire: approximately 4.5 hrs.
Note: Please contact the Admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help estimating travel times from locations not listed.
General Travel Information
- Bus (Greyhound) - The station is approximately 1.7 miles from the campus.
- Rail (Amtrak) - The station is in the city, near the lake and about a mile from the campus.
- Air (Plattsburgh International Airport) - Roughly three miles from the campus, off exit 36 of I-87.
Note: Local taxis are available and affordable.
Maps and Travel Guides
- Downloadable Maps of Campus (best for finding your way around campus)
- Aerial Map of Campus
- Other Campus Maps
- New York State and Adjacent States (shows major travel routes)
- Google Maps
Need A Place to Stay?
Staying in Plattsburgh is easy. Due to active tourism in the region, there are several major hotel chains within a short distance to the campus.
For more information about visiting SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact
Office: 10th floor of the Kehoe Building
Phone: (518) 564-2040
Toll-free: (888) 673-0012
Fax: (518) 564-2045
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901