Getting to Hawkins Hall from Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse (Western and Central New York)
Note: Travelers from western New York have several choices. Please call the Admissions Office for route and travel tips.
A sample route may be as follows:
- Take I-90 E to exit 24 (Albany)
- Pay toll and follow signs for I-87 N (Montreal)
- Take the Adirondack Northway (I-87) north to exit 37 (Plattsburgh)
- Turn right at the traffic light and proceed east on Route 3
- Go 1 mile to where Route 3/Cornelia Street intersects at a "Y" with Broad Street
- Bear left at the "Y," continuing on Cornelia Street
- Continue on Cornelia Street through one traffic light (past the hospital entrance)
- Immediately after Draper Avenue, you will see the Hawkins Hall parking lot on the right (Hawkins Hall is a castle-like building)
55 Beekman Street, Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Parking for Hawkins Hall is on Cornelia Street. Go to the traffic light at the intersection of Beekman Street and Cornelia Street (facing the front of Hawkins Hall from Beekman Street, this will be the traffic light to your right). Turn left on Cornelia Street – parking will be on your left.
Estimated Travel Times by Car
- Buffalo, NY: 7 hrs.
- Rochester, NY: 6 hrs.
- Syracuse, N.Y 4.5 hrs.
Note: Please contact the Admissions office at [email protected] if you need help estimating travel times from locations not listed.
General Travel Information
- Bus (Greyhound) - The station is approximately 1.7 miles from the campus.
- Rail (Amtrak) - The station is in the city, near the lake and about a mile from the campus.
- Air (Plattsburgh International Airport) - Roughly three miles from the campus, off exit 36 of I-87.
Note: Local taxis are available and affordable.
Maps and Travel Guides
- Downloadable Maps of Campus (best for finding your way around campus)
- Aerial Map of Campus
- Other Campus Maps
- New York State and Adjacent States (shows major travel routes)
- Google Maps
Need A Place to Stay?
Staying in Plattsburgh is easy. Due to active tourism in the region, there are several major hotel chains within a short distance to the campus.
For more information about visiting SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact
Office: 10th floor of the Kehoe Building
Phone: (518) 564-2040
Toll-free: (888) 673-0012
Fax: (518) 564-2045
Email: [email protected]
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901