Information for main campus students:
Decisions to cancel/delay classes at the main campus of SUNY Plattsburgh will be made as early as possible in the day, preferably prior to 6 a.m., or as soon as possible if affecting afternoon/evening classes.
The campus community is then notified through various means:
- A message will be sent to the campus community via email as an emergency/critical announcement.
- An announcement will be placed on the homepage web.plattsburgh.edu; under Campus Alerts on the portal at my.plattsburgh.edu; and additional information will be posted on web.plattsburgh.edu/emergency.
- Radio and television stations will be notified as soon as a decision is made. For more information on the stations notified, go to web.plattsburgh.edu/emergency/weatherannouncements.php.
- Depending on the severity of the situation, the college may send notifications to students via SUNY NY-ALERT via voice/text messages and emails.
- In the residence halls, posters will be placed on entry doors announcing the cancellation of classes due to inclement weather.
- Note: Students can call the CLAS Line (518-564-2527) for status of classes.
For more information, please contact:
Emergency Management Director
Phone: (518) 564-4950
Fax: (518) 564-7986