Crime, Threatening Person, Workplace Violence

Reporting crimes:

Immediately call University Police at 518-564-2022 if you think a crime is being committed or has occurred.

  •     Report anything that is out of place or suspicious to University Police.
  •     Describe the location of the incident and person’s age, gender, appearance, etc.
  •     All employees must report workplace violence to their supervisors.

Threatening persons:

  •     Call University Police at 518-564-2022 or dial 9-1-1.
  •     Protect yourself, stay calm and avoid conflict.
  •     Keep a safe distance.
  •     Place barriers between you and the suspect.
  •     If possible, seek protection in a classroom/office with locks and a phone.
  •     Immediately leave the building if it does not put you at risk.
  •     Trust your instincts and use sound judgment.


Contact Information

For more information, please contact:

Michael Caraballo
Emergency Management Director
Phone: (518) 564-4950
Fax: (518) 564-7986