Hazardous Materials

Responding to large spills: 

  • Protect yourself and notify people in your area about the spill.
  • Turn off all ignition sources around flammable materials.
  • Evacuate the room, floor or building, as necessary.
  • Close doors to prevent people from entering the area.
  • Dial 911 and call University Police at 518-564-2022 to report spills and medical emergencies.

When reporting a spill, identify: 

  • Any personal injuries that occurred.
  • The location of the spill: building, room number or area.
  • The name of material spilled: spell it clearly and slowly.
  • The amount of material spilled.
  • How the spill occurred if known or suspected.
  • Who saw the spill and when it occurred.
  • Provide a call-back telephone number.



Contact Information

For more information, please contact:

Michael Caraballo
Emergency Management Director
Phone: (518) 564-4950
Fax: (518) 564-7986