Mental Health Emergencies
- In case of medical emergency, Dial 9-1-1.
- Call University Police at 518-564-2022.
- Clearly state immediate help is needed.
- Report your name, your location, the person's name, their location, phone number, and the nature of the problem.
- Threatened or attempted suicide, verbally or in writing.
- Engaged in efforts to prepare to commit suicide.
- Deliberately caused injury to self.
- Expressed thoughts of wanting to harm other people, verbally or in writing.
- Mental health history.
- Name of therapist / psychiatrist (if applicable).
- Medications the person is taking (if applicable).
- Recent changes in behavior.
- Recent use and history of alcohol / drug use.
- History of suicide threats, attempts and / or other violent behaviors.
- Ability to manage daily living skills (eat, bathe, etc.).
For more information, please contact:
Emergency Management Director
Phone: (518) 564-4950
Fax: (518) 564-7986