Personal Safety on Campus
Tips on personal safety:
- Be alert and walk purposefully.
- Be prepared to shout "NO!" loudly and escape if threatened.
- Avoid poorly lit and isolated areas.
- Walk with a friend or call University Police at 518-564-2022 for an on-campus escort.
- Know the campus and the location of "Blue Light Phones.”
- Use building phones to contact University Police.
- Be wary of strangers. Report suspicious people or activities to University Police immediately.
- Do not open doors or allow people into a building unless they are authorized.
- If someone is following you, find people and call University Police at 518-564-2022 (on campus) or dial 9-1-1 (off campus).
- Take a self-defense course.
- Never accept a drink unless you have seen it poured and know it is safe.
- Trust your instincts and do not be embarrassed to act safely.
For more information, please contact:
Emergency Management Director
Phone: (518) 564-4950
Fax: (518) 564-7986
Email: [email protected]