- Move to a room with no windows that can open or are open.
- Rooms that have little or no outside ventilation are preferred.
- Close any open windows and doors.
- Only come out when you are told that it is safe.
- Stay in your room/office/classroom.
- Notify those around you, and encourage others to remain in the building rather than to try to leave.
- Lock doors, cover the window, pull down the blinds, turn off the lights and stay calm.
- Stay away from windows.
- Move to the basement of the building, this usually provide the best protection.
- Move to an interior room with no windows, or a hallway on the lowest floor possible.
- Move to an interior stairwell if all rooms have windows.
- Stay in the center of the room away from doors and windows.
- Stay in place until the danger has passed.
For more information, please contact:
Emergency Management Director
Phone: (518) 564-4950
Fax: (518) 564-7986