Weather Emergencies: What You Need to Know
For up-to-date information on the status of classes and operations at the main campus of SUNY Plattsburgh, please call:
- CLASSLINE (students): 518-564-CLAS (2527)
- SNOWLINE (faculty/staff): 518-564-SNOW (7669)
Decisions to cancel/delay classes at the main campus of SUNY Plattsburgh will be made as early as possible in the day, preferably prior to 6 a.m. or as soon as possible, if affecting afternoon/evening classes.
The campus community is then notified through various means, including:
- A message will be sent to the campus community via e-mail as an Emergency/Critical Announcement.
- An announcement will be placed on the homepage web.plattsburgh.edu, under Campus Alerts at my.plattsburgh.edu, and additional information will be posted on web.plattsburgh.edu/emergency.
- Radio and television will be notified as soon as a decision is made. For more information on the stations notified, go to https://web.plattsburgh.edu/emergency/weatherannouncements.php
- In the residence halls, posters will be placed on entry doors announcing the cancellation of classes due to inclement weather.
Know the Terminology:
For more information, please contact:
Emergency Management Director
Phone: (518) 564-4950
Fax: (518) 564-7986