Mission, Vision, and Pledge
The State University of New York College at Plattsburgh prepares a diverse population of undergraduate and graduate students for a wide range of professional pursuits, responsible citizenship, and ethical life based on a strong foundation in the liberal arts. The college is a selective public institution offering an affordable yet high-quality education.
SUNY Plattsburgh supports students in the discovery and cultivation of collaborative leadership in their chosen careers and communities. We challenge students to think, learn, and excel through both close interactions with an outstanding faculty and staff and participation in rewarding experiential learning opportunities. We are committed to academic excellence, ethical values and practice, lifelong learning, and responsible citizenship in a sustainable global community.
SUNY Plattsburgh contributes to the cultural enrichment and economic development of the Northeastern New York region. Academic programs, recreational activities, and community involvement and services embrace our distinctive location - near Lake Champlain, the Adirondack Mountains, and Canada.
We will be the public comprehensive college of choice by transforming lives through teaching, learning, research, and service.
- You will be welcomed and supported by faculty, friends, staff, and our community.
- You will be challenged to learn, think, and excel through close interactions with an outstanding faculty and staff.
- You will be taught by committed and respectful faculty members.
- You will experience a diversity of cultures and perspectives.
- You will discover and develop your personal potential.