SUNY Plattsburgh Campus Plan 2018
The 2018 Campus Plan was formally adopted by the college in April 2013. It integrates a traditional academic plan with a strategic one.
The plan is the product of two lead committees and an inclusive process that included more than 40 community meetings with stakeholder groups.
The plan establishes new mission and vision statements.
The plan identifies six strategic priorities:
- Strengthen Support for Student Success
- Promote Teaching Excellence
- Expand Opportunities for Experiential Learning
- Build Our Community Connections
- Increase Global Experiences and Multicultural Competencies
- Cultivate a Culture of Continuous Improvement
Subcommittees drafted action plans in support of each strategic priority. These plans contain concrete actions that will help the college reach its goals. The president, provost and vice presidents are in the process of working with stakeholders to shape and integrate these action plans into the work of the college.
Note: these documents require Acrobat Reader, which is available as a free download.
- 2013-2018 Campus Plan Action Plans (PDF file size 200KB).
- Recommendations for Integrating Academic and Student Support Services (PDF file size 12KB)
Ongoing Assessment of the Plan
The assessment of the Campus Plan is based on specific metrics for each of the principal goals of the plan, and are aligned with the metrics for the College’s mission, SUNY Excels, and Middle States accreditation standards.
- Campus Plan Assessment Template (PDF file size 635KB)
The Power of SUNY and SUNY Excels
The SUNY Plattsburgh Campus Plan 2018 is designed to contribute to the success of the SUNY system’s “Power of SUNY 2010 & Beyond” strategic plan, and aligns with performance measures in the SUNY Excels template. Read more at http://www.suny.edu/powerofsuny/
Additional information about the SUNY Excels Performance System (PDF file size iMB)
For more information about SUNY Plattsburgh's strategic campus plan, please contact:
James Liszka, Ph.D.
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Office: Kehoe 802
Phone: (518) 564-5402
Lizabeth J. Woodard
Office: Kehoe 805
Phone: (518) 564-5402
Fax: (518) 564-4415