Expand Experiential Learning Opportunities
To prepare students for their careers and for citizenship in a globally connected world, it is important to provide them with relevant experiential learning.
Experiential learning encour¬ages a mutually beneficial, cooperative relationship between students and mentors. Such opportunities include internships and practica; faculty-guided research; artistic and cultural exhibitions and performances; clinically rich experiences; scientific and social fieldwork; study abroad programs; campus employment; service/volunteer programs; student campus leadership opportunities and related experiences.
To expand experiential learning at SUNY Plattsburgh, we will:
- Develop more opportunities in the region, the state, the country and abroad;
- promote collaboration among career development personnel, academic divisions and departments in order to strengthen experiential learning and leadership roles for students;
- promote collaboration among career development personnel, departments and alumni services to better incorporate alumni in the experiential learning process;
- support continued student and faculty cooperation on research-related experiences; and
- investigate means to officially document the experiential learning experiences of students.
Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic AffairsSUNY Plattsburgh
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Office: Kehoe 802
Phone: (518) 564-5402
Email: [email protected]