Promote Teaching Excellence
Excellent teaching is essential to student success.
Our faculty has always been committed to continuously improving student learning through innovative pedagogy and best practices, whether in the traditional classroom or online.
Teaching also involves mentor¬ship and advisement outside of the classroom, and our campus is known for the “Plattsburgh Experience” — which is characterized by special attention and concern for student success.
To have effective teaching, we must be able to assess whether our efforts are resulting in the learning outcomes we want for our students.
To promote teaching excellence, SUNY Plattsburgh will:
- Identify ways to increase student-faculty-staff interactions and mentoring that are characteristic of the “Plattsburgh Experience;”
- develop initiatives, projects and programs that are designed to in¬crease teaching effectiveness;
- reward and celebrate excellent teaching and the teacher-scholar ideal;
- invest in proven instructional technologies and provide support for the pedagogies that are most effective for their use;
- make changes to the campus environment that support more dialogue, inquiry, and written and creative expression that enhance the intellectual life of the college; and
- improve data and data collection processes for assessment of student learning outcomes, and use the results more intentionally to improve instruction and curriculum design.
Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic AffairsSUNY Plattsburgh
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Office: Kehoe 802
Phone: (518) 564-5402