Borrowing Materials from Feinberg Library at SUNY Plattsburgh
Access for all
SUNY Plattsburgh students, faculty, staff, and the general public can all borrow materials from Feinberg Library. Members of our campus community borrow by using their SUNY Plattsburgh identification card. Members of the public need to use a Special Borrowers' Card, which can be obtained by applying at our second-level Service Desk.
When you borrow our materials, you assume responsibility for all overdue and/or lost items charged to your library account. So be sure to use caution: never borrow materials for anyone other than yourself.
- Books in the General Collection and Government Documents circulate for 28 days with a maximum of two renewals.
- Records and Compact Discs circulate for 14 days with a maximum of one renewal.
- Videocassettes and DVDs circulate for seven days with a maximum of one renewal.
- Print reserve materials circulate for two hours but must be used in the library.
- Media reserve materials circulate for three hours but must be used in the library.
Should you need more time with a borrowed item, simply request a renewal at our second-level Service Desk. You may also request a renewal by calling us at 518-564-5182, or by logging into your secure MyLibrary account.
The renewal period is the same as the original loan period. NOTE: you may be denied a renewal if you have any unpaid fines or if another customer has requested one or more of the items.
Late fees are charged only on overdue Reserve items and Interlibrary Loan materials. No late fees are charged for books or media. Your account will be charged as follows:
- Reserve Materials: 50 cents per hour (maximum $25 per item)
- Interlibrary Loan materials - see our Interlibrary Loan page
The library sends notices to borrowers when an item is late and when it is about to be declared lost. When an item is declared lost, the borrower is charged the cost that Feinberg Library incurs to replace it; this policy includes books, clickers, headphones, wireless mice and presenters. "Banner holds" will be placed on student accounts. Students with Banner holds cannot register for classes.
If you have questions about borrowing library materials, call our Second-Level Service Desk at (518) 564-5182.