Faculty Guide to Feinberg Library
Reminder: Cardinal Cloud Print-&-Release provides students, faculty, and staff with access to printing from most common computing devices, from both on and off-campus locations.
Get to Know Feinberg
- Check out our new books
- Read key periodicals like the Chronicle of Higher Education or Science
- Take an online tour of Feinberg - for new students and faculty
- Read the Feinberg library policies
Find Your Librarian Liaison (by Department)
All academic departments have a librarian assigned to assist you.
Reserves and Media Holds - overview
- Use the Faculty Reserves Request Form to place books, DVDs, CDs, and other course materials on Reserve for your students.
- Use the Media Holds Request Form to place media on hold.
This program lets faculty help students ease their financial burden by working with the library to put required textbooks on reserve.
Library Instruction Services
- Request a Library Instruction Session for your class. Librarians provides hands-on library and information skills sessions customized for your students' needs.
- Schedule a Tour or Research Visit - Our trained student associates provide library tours. When appropriate, librarians may be scheduled to conduct a tour.
- Add Library Resources to Your Moodle Course. Do you want to include a link to a journal article from an online (Moodle) course site or your faculty web pages? It's easy to do if you follow a couple of simple steps.
- Technology-Enhanced Learning (TEL) - overviews of services, links to the TEL workshop schedules, and contact information.
- Faculty Guide to Moodle: Integrating Library Resources - support in integrating library resources in Moodle courses, meeting your students at the point of need.
In the Library
- Learn about Interlibrary Loan (ILL) services, or use ILL now to borrow materials from other libraries.
- Print, scan, and photocopy in Feinberg Library
- Reserve a Library Carrel - faculty carrels are located on Feinberg's mezzaanine level (above level three) and are reserved annually.
- Schedule Exhibit Space in the Library - Complete our Exhibit Information Form to schedule an exhibit now. For more information, contact Elin O'Hara-Gonya, Associate Librarian (t. 518-564-5187 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Building Feinberg Library Collections
- Information for faculty
- Suggest a purchase for Feinberg collections. Need a book or DVD for a course? Want to recommend a new book or digital resource? Feinberg Library welcomes suggestions from faculty and staff. Suggestions may be for books, video/DVD's/ music CD's/digital resources or journal subscriptions.
Not on the Plattsburgh Campus?
Contact Research Help Services
If you have questions about Feinberg Library, please contact:
Research Help Desk
Phone: (518) 564-5290
2 Draper Avenue, Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Phone: (518) 564-5182
Fax: (518) 564-5100