Feinberg Library Research Guides
Resources for library research
These research tools give you an overview of the resources our expert librarians found to be the best on a given topic. Browse this collection A–Z to find the guide pertaining to your subject and locate quality sources for your research. You can also look through our Databases to locate scholarly articles in journals, magazines, and newspapers. Databases can be searched by Alphabetical listing or Subject listing.
General research guides
Open Educational Resources - a guide to OERs, educational content that is made available for free and is openly licensed
Plattsburgh Big Read - April 2018 community events centered on the reading of Louise Erdrich's novel The Round House.
Campus Software Resources - links to tutorials and more
Digital Reference Resources - A guide to basic reference resources for the SUNY Plattsburgh community
eBooks Research Guide - Use this guide as a starting place to explore ebooks at Feinberg Library.
Veterans' Research Guide - resources for veterans
Branch Campus at Queensbury Research Guide - resources for students and faculty at SUNY Plattsburgh's branch campus
Web 2.0 Technologies - a guide to online tools that allow you to collect, organize, communicate, create and share
Zotero - a free but powerful tool for research and bibliographic management. It integrates with the Feinberg Library catalog and databases to make saving and citing sources as easy as clicking a button.
Interlibrary Loan - a guide to getting books, articles, and other items from libraries across the world
Data Sources - Explore data sets from state, national, and international governments, agencies and organizations.
Subject-specific and course-specific research guides
Selected research resources and tools for students doing research for classes, with information on the basics of doing research in Feinberg Library. Subjects are listed alphabetically below.
A - B
C - D
- CLG402: Counseling Techniques
- CLG517: Group Counseling
- CLG527: Career Development Counseling
- CLG554: Research Design and Methods
E - G
- EDR507: Research Methods in Literacy Education
- EDS481: Assessment in Special Education
- EDU518: Prac. Research in Education
Freshman Experience Research Guide
H - L
- HIS285: Historical Practices
- HIS316A: US Immigration and Ethnic History
- CAS/HIS 375: Borderland and Migration History: Canada and the United States
- HDF261A: Intro to Human Services
- HDF312: Families in a Global Perspective
- HDF421: Adolescence & Society
- HDF487: Abuse & Neglect across the Lifespan
International Business Research Guide (see Business)
M - O
Management Research Guide (see Business)
Management, Information Systems & Analytics (see Business)
- Online Nursing RN to BSN Research Guide
- NUR350: Theoretical Foundations of Nursing
- NUR428: Management and Leadership
P - Z
Spanish Research Guide for Foreign Lang./Lit.
Women's Studies (See: Gender and Women's Studies Research Guide)
For additional information, please contact:
Elin O'Hara-Gonya, Associate Librarian and IRS Unit Coordinator
Office: Feinberg 323
Phone: (518) 564-5187
E-mail: [email protected]