Special Collections and College Archives at SUNY Plattsburgh
Rare and Archival Materials Focused on the North Country of New York State and SUNY Plattsburgh
Explore Special Collections
Our collection focuses primarily on Plattsburgh, NY and Clinton County, and the Adirondack and Champlain Valley regions.. We collect monographs, periodicals, pamphlets and other ephemera, audio and video materials, photographs, maps, and manuscripts.
- Use our library catalog (PlattCat) to find books, periodicals, and audio and video materials.
- Use our POLARIS index search to find pamphletes, and newspaper and periodical articles (1800-2006) held by Special Collections.
- Use our online guides for the College Archives , Manuscript Collections, and the Rockwell Kent Collection.
- Use ArchiveGrid to search across our online Manuscript Collection guides and over three million collection descriptions from more than one thousand institutions.
- Find full-text news articles in New York State Historic Newspapers, including newspapers from all over NY State and the SUNY Plattsburgh student newspapers (1940-2006).
- Find the full text of the Cardinal Yearbook, images from our photograph collections, Civil War letters, and other digitized materials in the New York Heritage Digital Collections.
- Visit us in person for assistance in discovering and locating materials that do not yet have online guides, e.g.: photographs, maps, and some of our manuscript collections.
Services for Visitors
- Duplication Services - services are available on a 24-hour-turnaround basis for a small fee.
For more information about Special Collections at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Debra Kimok, Special Collections Librarian
Tel. (518) 564-5206