Special Collections - Requests for Duplication Services
Special Collections is pleased to provide duplication services for patrons, subject to our Duplication Policy guidelines. You may find it helpful to read through the policy before you begin.
Requests can be made online by contacting the Special Collections Librarian.
Payments may be made using our convenient Online Payment form.
Information Needed for Your Requests
You will need the following information for your duplication requests.
- Identifying Number or Information
- Description of Materials
- Page/s to be copied (if applicable)
- Copy Method (Photocopy or Scan)
If Scans are requested, also include...
- File Type
Identifying Numbers or Information
Special Collections uses various systems for indexing our different collections; these are explained in our Guide for Locating Special Collections Materials. Here are examples of identifying numbers or information for specific kinds of materials:
- Books: Title, Author, Date
- Periodical Articles: P.O.L.A.R.I.S. "PER" Number OR, if no number provided, Periodical Title, Volume Number, Article Title, Date
- File Clippings: P.O.L.A.R.IS. "FILE" or "OSC" Number
- Pamphlets: P.O.L.A.R.IS. "PAM" Number
- Special Collections Photographs: Series and Photograph Number
- McLellan Collection Photographs: Photograph Number
- Maps: Map Number and Title
Find our fee schedule in our Duplication Guidelines.
For more information about Special Collections at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Debra Kimok, Special Collections Librarian
Tel. (518) 564-5206