Locate Special Collections Materials in Several Ways
Use our library catalog (PlattCat ) to find...
- books, including rare books
- audio and video materials
Use our POLARIS index search to find...
- newspaper and periodical articles (1800-2006) held by Special Collections and relating to the Lake Champlain-Adirondack region
Use our Online Guides to find lists for...
- The College Archives
- Manuscript Collections
- The Rockwell Kent Collection
- The Clinton County Cemetery Index
Use regional online guides to find...
- Full-text articles in Northern New York Historical Newspapers , including SUNY Plattsburgh student newspapers (1940-2006), historical issues of the Plattsburgh Republican, the Plattsburgh Sentinel, the Plattsburgh Daily Press, and the Plattsburgh Press-Republican
- More than 300 images from our library and New York State collections, in the New York Heritage Project
Visit us in person to find materials that are not online
- Pamphlets and articles in periodicals and newspapers (also indexed in POLARIS ); held by Special Collections and relating to the Lake Champlain/Adirondack region.
- Manuscript collections
- Oral histories and other rare audio recordings
- Rockwell Kent materials
- College Archives materials
Services for Visitors
Photocopying - services are available on a 24-hour-turnaround basis for a small fee. No self-service duplication of materials is allowed. Fragile pieces must be transcribed or reproduced photographically.
Referrals to other historical collections
Individual and group orientations to the Collections
For more information about Special Collections at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Debra Kimok, Special Collections Librarian
Tel. (518) 564-5206