Canadian Studies Academic Program at SUNY Plattsburgh
The Canadian studies program offers a multidisciplinary academic environment providing students the opportunity to acquire a sensitivity to and understanding for Canada's historical, geographical, political, economic, social and cultural character. Students can enroll and complete a minor program in Canadian studies. For further information on the program, please visit:
- Canadian Studies Program.
- SUNY Plattsburgh Undergraduate & Graduate College Catalog.
- Canadian Studies Minor. (PDF file size 510kB).
- View Canadian Studies (CAS) course descriptions.
Canadian Studies Centers
Canadian studies is a well established area of study at many academic institutions in the United States. In many cases, Canadian studies programs are supported by centers or institutes that offer a wide variety of curriculum, research and program activities. The following links will take you to several of the most prominent examples:
- The University of Maine, Canadian-American Center.
- The University of Washington, Canadian Studies Center.
- Western Washington University, Center for Canadian-American Studies.
- Michigan State University, Canadian Studies Centre.
Canadian Studies Associations
Regional, national and international Canadian studies associations exist around the world. The following web links will take you to several of the leading associations in the United States and beyond:
- The Association for Canadian Studies in the United States.
- The Mid-Atlantic and New England Council on Canadian Studies.
- The Pacific Northwest Canadian Studies Consortium.
- The Midwest Association for Canadian Studies.
- Western Canadian Studies Association.
- Southern Association for Canadian Studies.
- International Council for Canadian Studies.
Canadian Studies Government Sites
There exist numerous web sites outlining the structure and function of the Government of Canada as well as important economic, social, historical and cultural facts on Canada. The following examples are very useful:
- Government of Canada.
- The Canadian Embassy, Washington D.C.
- Department of Foreign Affairs, Canada-U.S. Relations.
Québec Studies Associations
Working at the national and international levels, these organizations promote Québec Studies in the USA, Canada, and throughout the world:
Québec Government Sites
These sites provide information about Québec, including government news, relations and more:
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
If you would like more information about the Center for the Study of Canada at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Christopher Kirkey, Ph.D.
Director, Center for the Study of Canada
Phone: (518) 564-2086
Fax: (518) 564-2112
State University of New York College at Plattsburgh
133 Court St.,
Plattsburgh, NY 12901