Cardinal Transfer Grant
Special Grants for Transfer Students
Looking to transfer to SUNY Plattsburgh from a community college? You may be able to cut your tuition costs at SUNY Plattsburgh.
If you transfer directly to SUNY Plattsburgh from an eligible institution, you could receive a Cardinal Transfer Grant. See below for eligibility details.
$2,000 Cardinal Transfer Grant - One-year Grant
- Transfer to SUNY Plattsburgh from one of the following community colleges with 57 or more credits: Dutchess, Hudson Valley, Nassau, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, or Westchester.
- Most recent college attended must be one of the seven qualifying community colleges listed above.
- Must be a first-time SUNY Plattsburgh student.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or other eligible non-citizen who pays the in-state tuition rate.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale based on coursework taken at all previously attended colleges.
- Pay a $250 admissions deposit to enroll as a transfer student.
- Attend full-time at SUNY Plattsburgh’s main campus beginning in August 2018, taking 12 or more credits.
The grant of $2,000 is deducted from non-tuition educational costs during the first year only. That's $1,000 per semester. The grant will not be renewed in future years.
Students who transfer with between 1 and 23 credits of post-secondary coursework are evaluated for freshman scholarship levels before being considered for transfer scholarship levels.
Students who need to withdraw may maintain eligibility under certain circumstances.
For more information about Financial Aid at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Financial Aid Office
Location: Kehoe Administration Building, Suite 401-410
Phone: (518) 564-2072
Toll-Free Phone: (877) 768-5976
Our mailing address:Financial Aid Office
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901-12681