North Country Scholarship
$3,500 for North Country High School Students
If you are a North Country resident with a high school grade average of 90 or above and a qualifying SAT/ACT score, you can come to SUNY Plattsburgh on a unique scholarship just for our local students.
And if you keep your grades up, your discount can last for up to eight semesters of consecutive study. Here’s the deal:
- Graduate from a high school in Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Hamilton, Jefferson, Lewis, or St. Lawrence counties.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or other eligible non-citizen who pays the in-state tuition rate.
- Graduate in June 2018 and have a cumulative average of 90 or above in a Regents program of study at the time of admission.
- Earn a 1080 or higher on the new SAT (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing and Math scores combined), or a 1000 or higher on the old SAT (Critical Reading and Math scores combined). Note – scores will not be super scored across the new SAT and old SAT exams. Or, earn a 21 or higher on the ACT.
- Be accepted for admission to SUNY Plattsburgh.
- Pay $250 deposit before starting freshman year.
- Attend full-time beginning in August 2018, taking 12 or more credits.
- Live on campus or commute from home.
- The North Country Scholarship of $3,500 per year is deducted from non-tuition educational costs.
- Applicants to our nursing program are not eligible for the North Country Scholarship.
For eligible students - don’t forget to complete your FAFSA, TAP and Excelsior applications as close to October 1st as possible to get more information about cost and aid.
Students who need to withdraw may maintain eligibility under certain circumstances.
For more information about Financial Aid at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Financial Aid Office
Location: Kehoe Administration Building, Suite 401-410
Phone: (518) 564-2072
Toll-Free Phone: (877) 768-5976
Email: [email protected]
Our mailing address:Financial Aid Office
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901-12681