Financial Aid

Paying for College

Scholarships & Grants

Aid Programs & Employment


SUNY Smart Track Financial Literacy Logo

Veteran Benefits

Certification of Enrollment for GI Bill

If you are a veteran or dependent of a veteran and would like us to certify your GI Bill, log into MyPlattsburgh.  Click the Student Services tab, in the Financial Aid Section complete the form called "Request for Certification of GI Bill/Veteran's Benefits.  You must be registered and have a processed semester bill for your enrollment to be certified.  It is your responsibility to request certification each semester.

For more information, visit our Veteran Student Support, the website, or call the regional office at 1-888-442-4551. 

Chapter 30 (Veterans GI Bill)

This educational assistance program is available to fully honorably discharged veterans who meet the eligibility criteria. Visit for more information.

Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation)

This program's primary function is to help veterans with service-connected disabilities become suitably employed, maintain employment, or achieve independence in daily living. Visit for more information.

Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill)

The Post 9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.  Visit for more information.

Chapter 35 (Dependents Educational Assistance)

The spouse, child, stepchild or adopted child of a veteran who is deceased (service-connected) or who is 100% disabled (service-connected) may qualify for Chapter 35 benefits.  Visit for more information.

Chapter 1606 or REAP (Reserves/National Guard)

This program may be available if you are a member of a selected reserve.  Visit for more information. 

Free Parking for Veterans

Veterans who have served in and were honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces, in a full-time, active duty status during a designated time of war are exempt from parking fees. A copy of your DD214 must be submitted to the University Police Parking Office.


SUNY has specific tuition policies and exceptions for veterans and military service members.  Click here for more information.

Additional Information


Contact Information

For more information about Financial Aid at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:

Financial Aid Office
Location: Kehoe Administration Building, Suite 401-410
Phone: (518) 564-2072
Toll-Free Phone: (877) 768-5976
Fax: (518)564-4079
Email: [email protected]

Our mailing address:

Financial Aid Office
SUNY Plattsburgh
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901-12681