SUNY Plattsburgh Employee Benefits
Click on the links below for summaries of the benefits available to SUNY Plattsburgh employees within each union-represented group:
Note: the documents require the latest version of Acrobat Reader, which is available as a free download.
- Council 82/NYSCOPBA including APSU (Security Positions) (PDF file size 38KB)
- CSEA – Civil Service Employees’ Association (Clerical/Maintenance/Service Positions) (PDF file size 38KB)
- GSEU – Graduate Student Employees’ Union (PDF file size 27KB)
- M/C – Management/Confidential Employees (PDF file size 41KB)
- PEF – Professional Employees’ Federation (PDF file size 39KB)
- UUP – United University Professions (Academic and Professional faculty) (PDF file size 38KB)
CDPHP – (800) 993-7299
Empire HMO – (800) 662-5193
HMO Blue – (800) 722-7884
MVP - (888) 687-6277
Dental and Vision Benefits (by Negotiating Unit)
Council 82/NYSCOPBA/APSU, PEF, & Management/Confidential (M/C)
Dental Benefits provided by GHI/Emblem
Vision Benefits provided by Davis Vision
Davis Vision Website - eligibility, benefit and provider information.
Civil Service Employees Association (CSEA)
Dental and Vision Benefits provided by the CSEA Employee Benefit Fund
United University Professions (UUP)
Dental and Vision Benefits provided by the UUP Benefit Trust Fund
Delta Dental PPO
Phone: (800) 283-9374
- Voluntary Phased Separation Program - This program is designed to give eligible employees an opportunity for a phased approach to separation. It allows individuals to move into non-employment or retirement gradually through a voluntary reduction in work and commensurate reduction in pay. It also enables departments to plan for the replacement of long-term colleagues in advance of their actual separation. For additional information, see the complete program description and application below.
- NYS & Local Retirement System (ERS)
- NYS Teachers’ Retirement System (TRS)
Supplemental Retirement Annuities/Tax Deferred Annuities
To start, change, or stop the amount that is currently being deducted from your paycheck, go to [email protected].
NYS Deferred Compensation Plan (457) - The 457(b) deferred compensation plan was created for public employees only. As an employee of New York State, you can contribute money in a retirement account from your paycheck before taxes. Both your contributions and any earnings you make from investing your money have the opportunity to grow tax-deferred until you make withdrawals, which are taxed as ordinary income, generally in retirement.
Tuition Assistance Programs
NYS/CSEA Partnership – Education and training opportunities for NYS CSEA-represented employees through labor-management cooperation.
SUNY Tuition Waiver – All state and research foundation employees are eligible for one course per fiscal year at a SUNY school (benefit prorated for part-time employees).
UUP Tuition Waiver – All UUP-represented employees are allowed to take one course per semester or session on a space-available basis. The form is available in Human Resource Services, Kehoe 912. You must have the course name and number at the time of the request.
NYS College Savings Plan – A way to have money taken out of your paycheck and placed in a savings plan for your dependents to go to college.
The Governor's Office of Employee Relations Online Learning Center contains useful information for New York State employees including self-study courses and other resources employees may find helpful in performing their jobs.
Human Resource Services
Address: 101 Broad Street, Plattsburgh, NY 12901-2681
Campus Location: Kehoe 912
Phone: (518) 564-5062
Fax: (518) 564-5060
Email: [email protected]
Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 4:30 pm