Civility and Community Building at SUNY Plattsburgh
The Civility in the Workplace educational initiative began as a joint labor/management initiative in the Fall of 2011. The initiative is part of SUNY Plattsburgh’s ongoing commitment to an inclusive environment where all employees, students, parents, and guests feel welcome and safe. Our goal is to make SUNY Plattsburgh the best place it can possibly be for all of us.
“Research on workplace civility confirms that a civil workplace is essential for good customer service, employee retention and productivity, and overall workplace health...”- www.becauseitmatters.net
Cardinals Care "You Made a Difference" Recognition Program: One of the new initiatives of the expanded program is the Cardinals Care: You Made a Difference Recognition Program. Individuals are invited to reward exceptional service above and beyond the call of duty by completing a nomination form and mailing or emailing it to the Civility and Community Building Committee.
Nominated individuals will be publicized and a copy of the nomination will be forwarded to the employee. All faculty, staff, and students are eligible for nomination..
- Electronic:submit nomination online via our Online "You Made a Difference" Nomination Form.
- Print: download, complete and submit "You Made a Difference" Recognition Nomination Form (PDF file size 325 KB).
Resources: We are collecting a list of websites, books, articles, and other information that you might find useful. If you have items you would like added, don’t hesitate to contact one of the below individuals. Download Civility Resources (PDF file size 245KB)
News & Events
November 2017 Nominees
The Promote Community Building Committee and the Cardinals Care Recognition Program would like to recognize this month's nominees – students, faculty, and staff – who made a positive difference or went the extra mile for someone else:
- Juana Alonso, student in Psychology
- Lynn Anthony, Branch Campus
- Karen Becker, Music
- Gina Bond, Institutional Advancement
- Jarrett Borrie, Computing Systems & Desktop Support
- Rebecca Breyette, Janitorial
- Mark Brothers, Campus Dining
- Dexter Criss, Chemistry
- Sarah Cunningham, Marketing
- Sean Dermody, Management Services
- Fitness Center Staff
- Cody Fulmer, student in English
- Kenneth Gebo, Maintenance Trades
- Lauren Gonyea, Diversity, Pluralism & Inclusion
- Jeremy Grabbe, Psychology
- Kathy Grant, Teacher Education, Grad MST Program
- Magdalena Hertel, Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Felicia Krieg, Marketing
- Jacqueline LaDuke Beyer, Janitorial
- Daniel Lewis, Marketing
- Shatawndra Lister, Admissions
- John Locke, Technology Enhanced Learning
- Jessica Maldonado, student in Criminal Justice
- Patrick Rascoe, University Police
- Patrick Schnell, Registrar
- Allison Swick-Duttine, Fraternity & Sorority Life
- Steven Vedder, student in Student Affairs & Higher Ed
- Karen Waterbury, Recreational Sports
- Tyler Whitney, Computing Systems & Desktop Support
- J.W. Wiley, Diversity, Pluralism & Inclusion
Help build our SUNY Plattsburgh community by acknowledging the special efforts of those on campus.
Everyone is welcome to get involved in this special initiative. If you would like to be added to the email list for information about meetings and programs, please contact one of the following individuals:
Phone: (518) 564-5011
Phone: (518) 564-5062