Civility and Community Building at SUNY Plattsburgh
The Civility in the Workplace educational initiative began as a joint labor/management initiative in the Fall of 2011. The initiative is part of SUNY Plattsburgh’s ongoing commitment to an inclusive environment where all employees, students, parents, and guests feel welcome and safe. Our goal is to make SUNY Plattsburgh the best place it can possibly be for all of us.
“Research on workplace civility confirms that a civil workplace is essential for good customer service, employee retention and productivity, and overall workplace health...”- www.becauseitmatters.net
Cardinals Care "You Made a Difference" Recognition Program: One of the new initiatives of the expanded program is the Cardinals Care: You Made a Difference Recognition Program. Individuals are invited to reward exceptional service above and beyond the call of duty by completing a nomination form and mailing or emailing it to the Civility and Community Building Committee.
Nominated individuals will be publicized and a copy of the nomination will be forwarded to the employee. All faculty, staff, and students are eligible for nomination..
- Electronic:submit nomination online via our Online "You Made a Difference" Nomination Form.
- Print: download, complete and submit "You Made a Difference" Recognition Nomination Form (PDF file size 325 KB).
Resources: We are collecting a list of websites, books, articles, and other information that you might find useful. If you have items you would like added, don’t hesitate to contact one of the below individuals. Download Civility Resources (PDF file size 245KB)
News & Events
January 2018 Nominees
The Promote Community Building Committee and the Cardinals Care Recognition Program would like to recognize this month's nominees – students, faculty, and staff – who made a positive difference or went the extra mile for someone else:
- Emad Abou Elghit, Marketing & Entrepreneurship
- Kathryn Alton, Teacher Education, Undergraduate
- Bill Barnaby, Maintenance Trades
- Gary Barnaby, Maintenance Trades
- Mark Beaulieu, Criminal Justice – Branch Campus
- Kathleen Camelo, Student Health & Counseling Center
- Nancy Church, Marketing & Entrepreneurship
- Laura Collier, Anthropology
- Amy Daniels, Educational Opportunity Program
- Burt Doria, Maintenance & Operations Center
- Patrick Farrell, Maintenance & Operations Center
- Kim Gillette, Mail Center
- Richard Gottschall, Marketing & Entrepreneurship
- Holly Heller-Ross, Library & Information Tech Services
- Magdalena Hertel, Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Adam Krinsky, Intercollegiate Athletics
- Jacqueline LaDuke Beyer, Janitorial
- Gregory Lawrence, Maintenance Trades
- Shatawndra Lister, Admissions
- Amelia Lushia, Global Education Office
- Levi Martinez, Educational Opportunity Program
- Susan Millett, Computer Information Systems
- TJ Myers, Computing Systems & Desktop Support
- Alison Puliatte, Teacher Education, Undergraduate
- Rohit Rampal, Management, Information Systems & Analytics
- Patrick Rascoe, University Police
- Kristin Short, Accounts Payable (formerly Nursing)
- Maureen Squires, Teacher Education, Grad MST Program
- Aaron Stanley, Computing Systems & Desktop Support
- Taylor Sullivan, Intercollegiate Athletics
- Michelle Timmons, Teacher Education, Undergraduate
- Emily Tolosky, Center for Neurobehavioral Health
- Jacqueline Vogl, Global Education Office
- Laura Whitworth, Janitorial
Help build our SUNY Plattsburgh community by acknowledging the special efforts of those on campus.
Everyone is welcome to get involved in this special initiative. If you would like to be added to the email list for information about meetings and programs, please contact one of the following individuals:
Phone: (518) 564-5011
Phone: (518) 564-5062