Sponsored Research and Programs at SUNY Plattsburgh
What We Do
Our mission is to provide comprehensive and high quality support services to faculty and staff to develop and secure external grants and contracts to implement effective research educational and public service programs in support of the institutional mission. We are your full service support office. The Office of Sponsored Research and Programs is the campus Office of the Research Foundation of SUNY which serves as the legal applicant and fiscal administrator for all grants and contracts awarded to SUNY institutions, faculty and staff.
Note: Per the Proposal Submission Policy
The Office for Research and Sponsored Programs (OSRP) must review and approve all proposals prior to submission to an outside funding agency. Proposals are due to OSRP five (5) full business days in advance of the sponsor's deadline. This applies to paper and electronic proposal submissions. Click here for the full Proposal Submission Policy
The following is a list of services that are available on campus to assist you in developing and implementing an externally sponsored project. The Office of Sponsored Research and Programs will assist you in the Pre-Award Process:
- Identifying potential sponsor(s)
- Securing sponsor guidelines and information
- Making contact with a program officer to discuss your proposal
- Developing the proposal narrative and budget
- Word processing and typing the proposal, budget and required forms
- Duplicating the required copies
- Transmitting the copies to the sponsor
Human Subjects and Animal Testing
Note: the following documents require Acrobat Reader, which is available as a a free download.
- Application for the Use of Human Subjects (PDF file size 16KB)
- Blanket Exemption of Class Research Form (PDF file size 40KB)
- Application for the Use of Lab Animals (PDF file size 14KB)
- Financial Conflict of Interest Form (PDF file size 182KB)
To complete mandated training in human subjects, animal subjects or financial conflict of interest, visit the CITI Program website. Registration/log-in required.
After receiving a grant, we assist project directors and staff in all aspects of grant and project management.
Following notification of a funding award, we assist you in the Post-Award Process:
- Implementation of the project
- Budget modification
- Personnel issues
- Development and transmission of periodic progress, semi-annual and final project reports as required by the funding sponsor
- Travel expenses
New York State and United University Professions Programs
United University Professions is in the process of working with the state to establish the Joint Committees for allocation of monies for grant programs funded through the 2011-2016 UUP contract. Programs funded in the past include Individual Development Awards, Campus Grants, and other special grant programs. As soon as the Plattsburgh UUP chapter receives its grants allocations, application procedures and deadlines will be publicized by the Office of Sponsored Research and Programs (t. 518-564-2155). The UUP Web site will also be updated (www.uupinfo.org).
For more information about sponsored research at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact
Michael Simpson, Director
Office: Beaumont 260
Phone: (518) 564-2155
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901