Policies on Non-Discrimination and Non-Harassment
Notice of Non-Discrimination
The Research Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer, and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, age (over 18), disability, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics/carrier status, as well as any other trait protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices including, but not limited to: advertising, recruitment, promotion, demotion or transfer, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, and selection for training.
Full policies are available here, on the state-wide Research Foundation web site:
- Affirmative Action Policy Summary
- Discrimination Policy
- Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Employment of Disabled Individuals Policy
- Employment of Special Disabled Veterans, Vietnam Era Veterans, and Other Eligible Veterans Policy
- Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Age Policy
- Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Sexual Orientation Policy
The Research Foundation prohibits sexual harassment and harassment based on any of the above characteristics. Any RF employee who violates this policy may be subject to discipline up to and including termination.
Note that cases of sexual violence should be reported to the SUNY Plattsburgh Title IX Coordinator, Hawkins 151, 518-564-3310. See the SUNY Plattsburgh pages for more information about assisting victims.
Procedure for Resolving Allegations of Workplace Discrimination
The Research Foundation has established procedures for resolving allegations of discrimination on a fair and timely manner. Visit the Research Foundation for more information on resolving allegations of discrimination. Note that the process may differ depending on whether the respondent to the complaint is a RF employee or a SUNY Plattsburgh employee - we can help you sort all that out.
Briefly, this is the process. If the complaint can be resolved informally, the complainant should speak with her/his supervisor. If the complainant wishes to file a formal complaint, s/he should speak with the SUNY RF Human Resource Coordinator, located in Kehoe 815, 518-564-2132.
Or, the complainant may speak with the Affirmative Action Officer (for both the RF and for SUNY Plattsburgh), located in Hawkins 151, 518-564-3310.
Here are the complete policies and procedures:
- Procedure for Resolving Allegations of Workplace Discrimination (Research Foundation)
- Complaint Procedure for Review of Allegations of Unlawful Discrimination/Harassment (SUNY Plattsburgh)
- Solving Problems in the Workplace Policy (Research Foundation)
- Solving Problems in the Workplace (Research Foundation)
Office: Kehoe 815
Phone: (518) 564-2155
Fax: (518) 564-2157
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901