Employee pays 10% of individual cost and 25% of dependent cost of coverage. Waiting period - 42-days.
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - Empire Deluxe PPO (Preferred Provider Organization).
- In-Network Benefits (Participating Providers) - $20 copayment for most services. No deductibles, coinsurance, or claim forms.
- Out-of-Network Benefits (Nonparticipating Providers) - Annual Deductible: $300 individual, $750 family - plus 20% coinsurance for most changes. There is an annual $1,000 coinsurance limit for individual and $2,500 coinsurance limit for family coverage (excluding the deductible).
Paid Prescriptions for drugs purchased at a retail pharmacy - copayments required. $10 copayment for generic drugs. An ID card is required in order to utilize the participating pharmacy network and to receive the full benefits under the plan.
Medco Health Solutions for mail order prescriptions. Can obtain a larger supply of medication through the mail (90 days vs. 30 days for retail).
Benefits: Preventive, basic and major services. (See Benefits Handbook for specific coverage and deductibles.)
Waiting period - 6 months (1 year prosthetics)
Once in a 24-month period: eye examination and lenses/frames from plan selection.
Waiting period - 6 months
Medical expenses for on-the-job injury. Two-thirds weekly salary up to the maximum benefit set by the NYS Workers Compensation Board.
Fifty percent of salary up to $170 maximum per week for a duration up to 26 weeks. Must be employed the last 4 out of 8 weeks prior to disability.
Long-Term Disabilty - TIAA
Full-time employees only
Sixty percent of earnings to a maximum monthly benefit of $5,000 after 6 months of total disability. Offset by other sources of income.
Waiting period - 1 year full-time employment
1-year waiting period. Ownership of funds after 5 years. See RF Campus Benefits Office for vesting details.
Optional Retirement Plan Tax-deferred savings through salary reduction (Employee paid)
Tax Deferred Programs:
- Supplemental Retirement Annuity (SRA)
7-day waiting period following 50% of an employee's average weekly wages up to a maximum of $365 per week.
- Basic Coverage & Accidental Death and Dismemberment - $10,000 coverage paid by RF.
- Optional Coverage & Accidental Death and Dismemberment - (Paid by employee.) See campus benefits office for details.
Office: Kehoe 815
Phone: (518) 564-2155
Fax: (518) 564-2157
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901