Sponsored Research Faculty Development Workshops
- RF Learning Tuesdays, 10:30 am - Noon*
- Campus Learning Tuesdays (Faculty Choice), 11:00 am - Noon
- RSVP required; Location: TBD, based on class size and tech requirements
- 9/13 - Faculty Choice!
- 9/27 - Understanding SUNY's New Patent and Inventions Policy*
- 10/4 - Faculty Choice!
- 10/25 - Open Enrollment, Fringe Benefit Update, EAP Training*
- 11/8 - What You should Know about Corporate Compliance (Part 1)*
- 11/15 - Faculty Choice!
- 12/6 - Turning University Research into Business Opportunities*
- 12/13 - Faculty Choice!
- 1/10 - Sponsored Programs Lifecycle (10:30 am - Noon)*
- 1/31 - Faculty Choice!
- 2/7 - Records Retention (10:30 am - Noon)*
- 2/21 - Faculty Choice!
- 3/7 - Faculty Choice!
- Date TBA - Pre-Award and Compliance System (PACS) (10:30 am - Noon)*
- 4/4 - Faculty Choice!
- Date TBA - Tech Transfer Basics (10:30 am - Noon)*
- 5/2 - Faculty Choice!
- 6/6 - RF/CPD Faculty as Researcher: Creativity in Research (10:30 am - Noon)*
Send us your requests. Examples include:
Learn about teaching and research opportunities in more than 125 countries. Get advice on selecting countries for application and making contacts abroad. Explore how SUNY Plattsburgh can host visiting foreign Fulbright scholars. Get tips on how to prepare the Fulbright application.
Discussions/training on Specific Grant Opportunities
As requested by faculty: NIH funding mechanisms (e.g., R1 or R3 grants), NSF, NEH (e.g., summer stipend program). As practical, program officers from the relevant agency will lead the discussion via conference call or in person (as practical).
Grant Writing Basics
Learn the basics of finding potential funding sources, writing a proposal, and developing a project budget.
Individual Training is also available - and encouraged!
We've found PI training to be most effective when a specific project or problem has presented itself.
How to Request Training or Suggest a Topic
To request training or suggest a workshop topic please call the Office of Sponsored Research at (518) 564-2155, or email Marianne Wemette ([email protected]).
For more information about sponsored research at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact
Michael Simpson, Director
Office: Beaumont 260
Phone: (518) 564-2155
Email: [email protected]
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901