Omicron Delta Kappa (ODK) Leadership Honor Society Application Process
Thank you for your interest in applying for membership in the SUNY Plattsburgh Omicron Delta Kappa (ODK) Circle. This year’s ODK member selection process has an on-line application. Please follow the link below and fill out the application as completely as possible making sure to select “SUNY Plattsburgh” in the drop down box to identify the College/University Name that you attend.
Applications are evaluated on a point system. Points are assigned based upon a student’s level of involvement and the length of time of each experience. ODK recognizes involvement in the following phases of collegiate life: Scholarship; Athletics; Social, Service, Religious Activities, Campus and Student Governance; Journalism, Speech and the Mass Media; and Creative and Performing Arts. To obtain membership in the SUNY Plattsburgh Circle, an applicant must receive a minimum of 6 “major points” and a minimum of 17 total points for Juniors and Seniors/20 total points for Graduate Students. Below are some examples of how points are attributed to certain activities. NOTE: Please be sure to include any and all information in your application. Also, please specify when and for how long you participated in each endeavor.
If you wish to be considered for membership, the application needs to be completed by Noon on Wednesday, September 27th. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need clarification or have a question. I look forward to reviewing your application.
- To be eligible for consideration for membership into Omicron Delta Kappa, a student must:
- be a full-time student at SUNY Plattsburgh;
- be a student of Junior or Senior standing or, if a graduate student, have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours at Plattsburgh;
- have maintained a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of a 3.0 for undergraduates or at least a 3.50 if a graduate student);
- be of exemplary character;
- have achieved a record of responsible and conspicuous leadership and service in campus/community life; and
- if a transfer, have completed 2 full time semesters here.
- We will notify those who have been chosen as new members after Tuesday, October 3rd via email.
- Students who accept the invitation to membership will need to pay an Induction Fee of $90 by 4PM on Friday, November 10th. We will be able to accept check or cash.
- The Fall Induction Ceremony will be held at 4PM on Saturday, November 18th in the Cardinal Lounge.
Again, please be sure to include any and all information in your application. Also, please specify when and for how long you participated in each endeavor. Please contact Larry Allen with any questions.
Links & Downloads
Apply now to begin the application process.
If you have any questions about the Omicron Delta Kappa Application process at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Larry Allen, Faculty Secretary, Omicron Delta Kappa
Student Conduct Office, 6th Floor Kehoe Administration Building
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (518) 564-3282