LITS Guide for New Students
Getting Started Right at SUNY Plattsburgh
Library and Information Technology Services (LITS) can help you to achieve a strong start in your studies at SUNY Plattsburgh. We provide the resources and expert services that students need to excel. We believe that diversity contributes to student success. Here's an introduction:
Four Essential First Steps for New Students
1. Log-in to our systems.
All of these systems ask you to log-in using your personal NetID and password.
- Banner. If you have not already done so, go to the login page and follow the instructions. Banner is where you'll check your registration status, view your progress toward degree completion, add or drop courses, view your class schedule, check your grades and transcripts, review tuition charges and payments, check the status of your financial aid, and more.
- E-mail. Your SUNY Plattsburgh Cardinal Cloud e-mail account is the official channel of communication that the College uses to send you critical information. Learn more.
- Moodle is the College's course management system. Your instructors will use it to share materials related to your studies. Learn more.
2. Make a note of Helpdesk services.
3. Learn how to get connected - without all the wires.
Our campus wireless network gives you laptop access that lets you e-mail, use the Web, and IM. It's available in many designated areas across campus.
4. Make Feinberg Library a favorite destination
Academic libraries are unfamiliar territory for most new students. Trust us here: you'll want to get up to speed quickly and make Feinberg Library a favorite place to visit on campus and online. Learn more.
For more information about Library and Information Technology Services, please contact:
Holly Heller-Ross, Dean and CIO
Library and Information Technology Services
2 Draper Avenue, Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Phone: (518) 564-5180
Fax: (518) 564-5100