CashCourse Financial Literacy Peer Mentor Certificate Program
Student Support Services (SSS), in collaboration with CashCourse is offering a certificate program to become a financial literacy peer mentor. Students are assigned 12 modules to complete throughout the semester. The modules include budgeting, spending, financial aid, and personal financial goals. The successful completion of the course will create opportunities for students to work as financial literacy mentors with their peers.
The Certificate Program
This program will be offered during the fall semester only. Those seeking certification must attend five (5) workshops in addition to completing the on-line modules
- Workshop 1: Week 2 - Student Orientation and Introduction to program and website.
- Workshop 2: Week 5 - Guest speaker with Q&A session and prizes. Follow up on modules.
- Workshop 3: Week 8 - FAFSA completion and pizza party. Campus representatives will be available to assist with locating student loan amounts and carriers as well as troubleshooting FAFSA application.
- Workshop 4: Week 11 - College Faculty and staff will share financial experiences. Break out sessions by academic standing and relevance to specific modules and goals. Snacks and prizes!
- Workshop 5: Week 14 - Wrap up of modules and certification ceremony. Directions for future uses of certification.
Note: All SUNY Plattsburgh students are eligible to utilize CashCourse.org as a resource, however, only students who complete all assigned modules and workshops will be eligible for certification.
What is CashCourse?
CashCourse® is a free, online financial education resource designed specifically for college and university students. Created with input from real students and universities, CashCourse equips students with information that helps them make informed financial decisions, from orientation to graduation and beyond.
CashCourse was created in 2007 by the independently funded National Endowment for Financial Education®, the nation’s leading 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to inspiring empowered financial decision making for individuals and families through every stage of life.
How to Access CashCourse
- Go to www.cashcourse.org.
- Under Students, click Register Now.
- Complete registration using SUNY Plattsburgh email address.
- After submitting, this will bring you to the homepage for SUNY Plattsburgh CashCourse.
To Access Assignments
Complete login after registering for the first time. In the left column, click on Assignments. This will bring you to another page where you can select your professor, and then access your assignments for the course.
If you have any additional questions regarding the certificate program, please contact:
Office:Angell College Center 110
Phone: (518) 564-2810
Email: [email protected]