Resident Director Parking Guidelines
Resident Director Privileges
Upon the proper registration of a vehicle, a Resident Director (RD) shall be granted special parking privileges as follows:
- A designated ‘Reserved for RD’ parking space near the RD’s residence (NOTE: Failure to register a vehicle invalidates all RD parking privileges, including authority over vehicles allowed to park in RD space.)
- A special-use ‘RD’ parking hang tag that includes faculty/staff parking privileges
- Waiver of the student parking fee
Resident Director Parking Registration Requirements
A Resident Director is required to:
- Ensure that Housing and Residence Life validates RD status to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advance register vehicle in MyPlattsburgh (login required) as soon as possible after August 1.
- Pay a $30 parking registration fee by confirming enrollment on student bill. (NOTE: Remove the $78 parking fee from the bill.)
Parking Hang Tag Pick up Instructions
A Resident Director may request the early release of the assigned parking hang tag from email@example.com after completing all registration requirements. A reply email will be sent to the RD when the tag is ready for pickup. Otherwise, the RD shall pick up hang tag according to hang tag guidelines.
A Resident Director shall:
- Ensure that vehicles in the assigned RD space are properly registered with the UPD Police Parking Office.
- Refrain from tag sharing with another student, since the RD is responsible for all violations (where applicable, tow fees) for all vehicles registered under his/her name.
- Report any unauthorized vehicle (plate # required) illegally parked in a designated RD space to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- Direct students that have parking questions to the parking guidelines available at web.plattsburgh.edu/parking, or, refer unanswered questions to email@example.com. (NOTE: Inquiries must be documented in writing.)
[Memo: 2017-P0726G_RESIDENT DIRECTOR PARKING PRIVILEGES_EFFECTIVE AUG 2017]
For more information about parking at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
SUNY Plattsburgh University Police Parking Office
101 Broad Street (Health Center)
Direct all parking inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org