Vendor Guidelines for Doing Business on Campus
The following guidelines outline the proper parking, delivery and advertising procedures for vendors and construction contractors that conduct business on the SUNY Plattsburgh campus.
Vendor Advertising Guidelines
The posting of business advertising messages on campus property is prohibited, except in authorized locations. Residence hall advertising inquiries shall be directed to the Housing Office, Algonquin Hall, (518)564-3824; and Angell College Center inquiries to (518)564-4321.
Vendor Parking Guidelines
SUNY Plattsburgh recently adopted a new parking registration policy that impacts its vendor and contractor parking procedure. Effective January 1, 2018:
- Service and Supply Contractors that routinely conduct business on campus are required to register vehicles and pay an annual $30 parking registration fee for each vehicle to be parked on campus. If intermittently conducting business on campus (4 or fewer times per year), a vendor can opt to obtain a visitor day pass from the UPD Parking Office upon each visit, in lieu of a vendor permit, for a term not to exceed 48 hours. After 4 visits, the vendor will be required to purchase a vendor permit.
- Food Vendors, if delivering goods to a campus dining venue, or residence, are allowed to utilize loading zones, or Rugar Street cutout, without a permit, for a maximum term of 20 minutes; providing the vehicle flashers are on. (NOTE: The Campus Express Deliveries cutout, located at the Angell College Center, is restricted for use when making deliveries to Campus Express only.) Any delivery to a residence hall requires the resident to meet the driver at the building entrance. Any campus deliveries, exceeding 20 minutes, requires the driver to register the vehicle with the UPD Parking Office.
- Construction Contractors and Subcontractors are required to pay a $30 parking registration fee, per vehicle, for authorization to park in designated lay down areas. A Facilities Authorized Agent shall supply a list of registrants (plate #s and paid tag #s) of contractors (and subs) authorized to park in a lay down area. A construction supervisor may be authorized a ‘special use’ vendor tag to conduct site inspections at multiple locations outside of a lay down area.
Vendor Registration Instructions
Vendors must complete the following registration steps for obtaining a parking hang tag:
Step 1: Pay a $30 vendor parking registration fee to Student Accounts, 101 Broad Street (Kehoe 101), Plattsburgh, NY 12901. Registration fee is valid from the date of registration through December 31st of the current year. (The registration fee is not prorated.)
Step 2: Register vehicle with University Police Parking Office, Health Center Building, by filing a 'PAID' registration receipt, and a completed parking registration form, to obtain vendor hang tag that is valid for the prescribed contract term not to exceed December 31st of the current calendar year.
Hang Tag Guidelines
- Hang Tag Valid Dates: Vendor hang tags are valid from January 1 (or the contract start date) through December 31 (or upon contract completion), whichever is sooner. (NOTE: 2017 vendor tags remain valid through the end of December 2017.)
- Validate Your Vendor Hang Tag: Email your name, vehicle plate #, hang tag #, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hang Tag Display: Vendor hang tags shall be readable when displayed from the rear view mirror (or dash below mirror.) A ‘vendor’ tag authorizes vendors to park in any regular space (defined by 2 white lines) in any lot; a construction contractor bulk permit authorizes parking in designated lay down areas, when on official business.
- Hang Tag Replacement: Vendors and construction contractors shall comply with the Lost-Stolen Hang Tag Affidavit and Guidelines for replacing a lost-stolen hang tag or bulk permit.
- Hang Tag Cancellation: If no longer conducting business on campus, a vendor is encouraged to return an active tag to the UPD Parking Office, Health Center, for proper disposal, and release of liability. Vendor tags and bulk permits are not transferrable.
Parking Appeal Guidelines
Vendors, and constructions contractors, shall comply with all terms and conditions outlined in the campus Traffic and Parking Regulations-Part 565- Plattsburgh. An appeal may be filed according to the procedures outlined in the Appeal Form and Filing Guidelines.
[Memo: 2017-P0725E_VENDOR GUIDELINES FOR DOING BUSINESS ON CAMPUS_EFFECTIVE AUGUST 2017]
For more information about parking at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
SUNY Plattsburgh University Police Parking Office
101 Broad Street (Health Center)
Direct all parking inquiries to: email@example.com